About Me

About Me

A Story by dreamisnowhere
"

"Every single day I make efforts to reach out and do something different."

"
Those who watch over me from up above have a clear view of who I am compared to the way people in the world view me. They see a girl who spends her days in a fictional world more than in reality. They see when I choose to spend my lonely days inside, writing, instead of going outside and making friends like a normal human. They see how I eat buckets of ice cream when I am upset. They see how I dance in the mirror to my favorite songs when I am happy. They see when I am right and when I am right (because I am never wrong ;) ). They see the problems that I face every day. They see me. The second I step foot outside, the world see's me. As one who is very self-conscious, I get anxiety when meeting new people. I get anxiety when making eye-contact. I get anxiety just saying the word "anxiety". Someone once told me to challenge myself. I was told to face my fear by living it. I used to be so afraid of performing on stage but since she helped me and stood by me, I faced my fear. I took theater along with string orchestra for 2 years. I took choir with her for one and a half years. After she passed, unfortunately, I lost myself all over again. I gave up and all my fears started pilling up year after year. Up until now, I have been writing and find peace in writing. I can stay inside and write non-stop.  The moment I step outside and make one wrong move, people will label me by that one mistake. Not knowing what I have been through or what my issues are, people will be quick to judge. Every single day I make efforts to reach out and do something different. I don't always succeed but I try. Since she is watching me from above, I still make sure she is not disappointed. Through my writings, I hope to portray who I am and what I hope to do, which is spread happiness to those who need it. Personally, I think everyone needs motivation and a reason to wake up every morning so I hope that one day I can impact someone's life as She impacted mine.

© 2018 dreamisnowhere


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was very good, you are a great writer Alexis.

Posted 5 Years Ago


dreamisnowhere

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
Good to be who you are. If you change to make another person happy. You gave away a part of your self. I enjoyed your work. Your words worthwhile and meaningful. Thank you Alexis for sharing the amazing story and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 15, 2018
Last Updated on July 10, 2018

Author

dreamisnowhere
dreamisnowhere

OH



About
As a writer, I write about real life situations and unrealistic situations (also known as fantasy). These writings are influenced by many different characters I have created and each writing concerns .. more..

Writing