One Last Time

One Last Time

A Story by dreamisnowhere
"

"There is the stage of denial, pain, and acceptance"

"
Death is so complicated but still, so simple. Death itself is silent. It's like the moment you close your eyes you spiral into an abyss of emptiness. So calm and sirene. Feeling no hint of worry or heartache before you arrive at your next destination, wherever that may be. However, what happens to us, who are stuck on the other end called reality, is completely the opposite of peaceful. The rest of us who are stuck with this harsh reality of life mourn in many different ways. There is the stage of denial, pain, and acceptance. All of which are heartbreaking to overcome and change you completely. Some stay up countless nights begging for the pain to go away. Others smile and help others "move on" but are secretly drowning in grief when the night comes and when no one is awake to hear their cries. Others disappear, in fear of being reminded of what they lost every time they step out the door. And others, suffer all these things at once and lose themselves completely, saying they do not want to be found but inside, they are begging to be rescued...from themselves.  Still, they all have one thing in common. The guilt of not being able to tell them the words that mattered most to them. Uncertain of what is the right way to process or if there even is a right way, they sit in puddles of regret. Losing someone all ends with the thought, "If I could just see them one last time..."

© 2018 dreamisnowhere


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You are right Alexis.
"The guilt of not being able to tell them the words that mattered most to them. Uncertain of what is the right way to process or if there even is a right way, they sit in puddles of regret. Losing someone all ends with the thought, "If I could just see them one last time."
Most of us, wished we said more. Too late. Powerful and wonderful words and thoughts shared.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dreamisnowhere

5 Years Ago

I'm glad you like it. Thank you so much.
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I did enjoy and you are welcome Alexis.



Reviews

You are right Alexis.
"The guilt of not being able to tell them the words that mattered most to them. Uncertain of what is the right way to process or if there even is a right way, they sit in puddles of regret. Losing someone all ends with the thought, "If I could just see them one last time."
Most of us, wished we said more. Too late. Powerful and wonderful words and thoughts shared.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dreamisnowhere

5 Years Ago

I'm glad you like it. Thank you so much.
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I did enjoy and you are welcome Alexis.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 19, 2018
Last Updated on July 10, 2018

Author

dreamisnowhere
dreamisnowhere

OH



About
As a writer, I write about real life situations and unrealistic situations (also known as fantasy). These writings are influenced by many different characters I have created and each writing concerns .. more..

Writing