Stone Cold

Stone Cold

A Story by dreamisnowhere
"

"You've grown accustomed to being alone, and forever alone you will be."

"
Years and years of fighting your worst nightmares, all for nothing. Looking back at how much you went through to come this far, it pains you to see you lost. Life weighed down on you and tore you down over and over. Because you gave up, even for a second, your world and everything you worked hard for came crashing down. Many times before, coming close to giving up, you got up and fought every single time. However, this time, you were so weak and tired. Yet, looking around, no one was there to comfort you. Thinking back on how much you gave up for everyone and still, no one see's you, hurt you in a way that you have never been hurt before. At that moment your heart turned to ice and you felt nothing. All those sleepless nights, praying to be strong, all those times you fell on your knees, all those times you were bruised and weak, you got up. You put on a smile and showed your demons you are stronger. Then why was this any different? This time your demons overcame you through your greatest weakness. You were afraid of rejection, afraid you were not enough, therefore, you unknowingly and slowly became cold. Afraid of the pain you will feel, you protected yourself by drifting away from those you loved. Every time you took a step back, no one fought for you to stay. You had hoped someone would save you, but no one even noticed you were in pain.  That little piece of hope in your heart grew weaker and weaker. They still expected you to give up everything for them. They still expected you to smile and encourage them when they were down. They still expected you to carry their problems when they confided in you. They still ignored your tired eyes. They ignored the look in your eyes that were begging for help. Every time you were betrayed, you got back up on your own. Eventually, all those bruises became scars, and every time you fell, a piece of you stayed behind until there was nothing. Sitting in a room filled with darkness, you felt nothing. No fear, no pain, and no love. You've grown accustomed to being alone, and forever alone you will be. Never even blinking when the world came crashing down, your heart became stone cold.

© 2018 dreamisnowhere


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Powerfully dramatic, heart wrenching, cruelty of life and our own demons ruling us.When the darkness comes and no one is around to comfort, to see, or even hear your pain!

Posted 5 Years Ago


dreamisnowhere

5 Years Ago

Yes, sometimes even just one word of encouragement can help tremendously.
Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Exactly, Alexis. we all need a shoulder to comfort and cry on.
It is hell when we accept little. Easy to fall in bad places. Hard to get out. A powerful and honest story shared. Thank you Alexis for sharing your words and thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


dreamisnowhere

5 Years Ago

Yes, very true. Thank you!
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You are welcome Alexis.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 24, 2018
Last Updated on July 10, 2018

Author

dreamisnowhere
dreamisnowhere

OH



About
As a writer, I write about real life situations and unrealistic situations (also known as fantasy). These writings are influenced by many different characters I have created and each writing concerns .. more..

Writing