The Thrill Of It All

The Thrill Of It All

A Chapter by Ravenclaw12211

I’ve never been excited about a dinner guest in my life. I look in my large bathroom mirror at my muddy clothes and my messy hair and I look horrendous and it doesn’t bother me. All I can think about is Alexanders arms wrapped around me cradling me up against him, I snap myself back to reality and focus on pulling the twigs out of my hair. Pulling the last bits out I turn on the shower and get in, the water is warm and relaxing, the water from my muddy body runs down brown and gray swirling around in circles down the drain, its tantalizing the way things occur without effort. Washing my hair with my favorite shampoo and conditioner watching the hidden leaves fall into the swirls of neutral colors falling from my hair, I scrub my body, wash my face and shave my legs until the water runs cold which takes about an hour.

Hopping out of the shower I grab a towel and pat myself dry and wrap the towel around my head and apply my lotion to my body and moisturizer to my face, I unwrap my hair and comb my it double checking for twigs. As I walk into my room I head straight for my underwear drawer and pick out a clean bra and pair of underwear and slip them on I hear my bedroom door open and before I could grab something to cover myself Alexander walks in “oh s**t oh my god I’m so sorry they said the bathroom was up here!”  “yeah the second door to the left!” I yell. And he looks at me for a split second and blushes and closes the door. Oh, god did that just f*****g happen how embarrassing oh my god. I don’t want to go downstairs I’m so embarrassed. At least I had on my under wear on I tell myself. I put on a pair of yoga pants and my favorite gray v neck t-shirt. Going back into my bathroom I blow dry my hair and apply some mascara.

 I open my door and head downstairs. Downstairs its completely quiet, no one is in the kitchen I look in the garage all the cars are here, I can hear laughter so I look out the kitchen window and they are all outside looking like a happy group of people in a cheesy movie i head upstairs and slip on my shoes and a jacket and head outside.

 When I get outside I can see that my dad has the patio heaters on as well as all the twinkling lights around the deck” how are you love?”. opening his arm out for a side hug and pecking my head with a kiss, “yeah dad I’m fine my ankle just hurts a bit.” “okay if you need to stay home from school tomorrow let us know.” He says with a wink. “your funny but I will be fine.” I reply. August is in a corner of the yard on the phone with someone, and Sapphire is on the swings being pushed by Alexander. Alexander looks so handsome more handsome than usual. I walk over and sit in the swing next to sapphire, “Hey.” I say “hey I’m sorry about --“ he starts. “sapphire come help mommy!” my mom calls. “okay mommy coming.” She says with exasperation. “okay Alex I’ll be back” she calls running towards my mom and giving him a stern look. “okay so Amethyst I’m so sorry I really didn’t mean too"“ he starts again. “hey it’s all fine it was an accident I understand it’s no big deal.” He sits in the swing next to me and starts to sway, “how’s your ankle?” he questions. “its fine just a little sore, but thanks again. I’m so sorry about how I acted I was scared and all these scenarios were going through my head, I just feel so embarrass"“ I would of blabbed on if he wouldn’t of interrupted me. “Amethyst it’s alright, your reaction was pretty reasonable.” He says with a sweet smile. I look at him still embarrassed and blushing and smirk. We kind of sit in that spot for a few minutes in the peaceful silence. “Ames! Alexander food is ready, come eat.” We head over to the patio table and serve our food.

Once dinner is over Alexander offered to help me with the dishes and I of course told him no but he helped anyways. Around nine-thirty in the evening, Alexander suggests its time for him to go, so I walk him to the door he politely says goodbye to everyone and head for the door. “thank you for allowing me to stay for dinner Amethyst I had a good time.” He says putting his hand in his front pocket running his hands through his hair. Why is he so damn hot. “yeah it’s the least I could do, thank you” I reply with a grin. He walks to his car and gets in as I stand in the driveway watching him. Then turns on his car then turns it off, and walks back to me. “hey Amethyst do you want to maybe go on a date sometime, I mean I know it’s pretty sudden but I really like you, and I want to get to know you a little more.” I stand with my mouth slightly open and stare at him processing what he has just said, come on Ames say something you don’t want to look like an even bigger idiot. “umm, yeah that sounds fun here’s my number text me.” I sputter blushing like a bright red beet, I put my number in his phone and smile. “okay ill text you, goodnight Amethyst, sleep tight and sweet dreams. He says looking at me through his long lashes, he turns around and gets back in his car, and I watch him drive away. I stand shocked did that really just happen to me. I can’t believe, I head inside and upstairs with a smile bigger than ever I climb in bed with a smile, and I dream about something so much darker then I had expected.



© 2016 Ravenclaw12211


Author's Note

Ravenclaw12211
So hey this story is one that i had a dream about and I am still working on it so please bare with me. please excuse, any grammatical, punctuation errors, feedback is really appreciated, otherwise I hope you enjoy. Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on December 20, 2016
Last Updated on December 20, 2016
Tags: love, romance, teen, high school, friendship, heartbreak, magic, secrets