There was once...

There was once...

A Story by WritersSoul
"

Names have been changed but people will guess whos this story is about :P moi

"
There was once this girl, Gina
She had always hated the way she looked, always smiling with happiness, or just for the sake of it. She had dark brown hair that she either let down or kept behind her. Had eyes that where always dark with her late nights. Had skin the colour of light coffee, and figure of curves and disappointment to her.
 There was once a girl, Katie
Gina's bestfriend. She was there for her at times, and was always letting her sleep over hers.
She had dark hair and cute freckles that flowered over her face. Large green eyes with brown around them, skin of white and thin figure. She styled in a way that was updated and Gina just casual.
There was once this girl, Gina
Who was head over heels for this guy, Paul
He had hair of blone that swept over his face in locks, she was mostly attracted to his eyes. The finest blue and looked piercing when she looked into them. He was tall, lean and funny, always making Gina laugh. She couldn't help but laugh at his teasing. He made her stay awake at night day dreaming, made her think about him all the time. He made her write sloppy stuff and made her smile when his name was mentioned.
There was once...
This day out.
Where Gina, Katie and Paul went to the park. They always went to the park. But, Gina hated it.
When she would look, Katie and Paul were always flirting, causing Gina to look away angry. Feeling betrayed. Left her silently crying, made her want to punch the both of them. Caused her heart to twist at the pain and truth. The truth was bold and bright but she drowned it out and didn't believe it. She would see them, they would lie on the bench together, cuddled up next to eachother. It made Gina cry at night just to get by. Made her want to rip her own hair out, made her want to do things she thought she'd never do. One time, she found glass on the path.
She was reluctant to picking it up. But she just watched as they played together with smiles on their faces.
She frowned up her face and picked the glass up. Slowly scraping it along her upper arm when they weren't looking. She gaped as the pain enveloped. The feel of the real pain just gripping her, relieveing her of the pain behind her eyes, in her heart. Taking the easy escape of alll the hurt.

For weeks this went on.
Then, the one day she didn't want to survive through...
There was once...
This girl, that went through the weeks scraping her arms just to hide the pain that bubbled under the surface, just waiting for a time to let go. Then, on facebook, Katie contaced her.
              Hey babes
I think I like Paul a bit : / xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha !
Just kidding

Gina instantly froze at the sight. Not knowing the power of those words hitting her in the face, over and over and over again. Causing her to bubble, to crack, slowly, as she had been cracking for months, and finally, she had broken out of the shell that had stopped her emotions flying eveywhere...
She typed while crying, out loud. She couldn't stay quiet anymore, all the hurt punching her everywhere she felt bruised from the first time. She couldn't control the tears that flooded out of her. Gina just watched in her mind as the tiny little sprinkles of Hope being broken. The dust of this Hope just silently blowing away like it meant nothing to Gina for the past few months. She typed while wiping her eyes as her vision was blurred.

                Hey and you nearly gave me a heart attack when you said that :/
           Really?????????????????? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Then Gina got irratated with the reply she got, because she knew her bestfriend was lying to her.

            Well yeah am joking
            But what if I did? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gina's mind rushing with horrid words and disgusting images. She couldn't contain the low grunts in her throat, she cried and whined at the laptop screen, cursing and wailing. She knew that she'd have to get off this seasaw if her bestfriend really liked Paul. The bestfriend who teased Gina about Paul, what could have gone through her mind?  Then Gina knew, that she had to let her bestfriend get the one that Gina herself had fallen deeply in love with.
 
            I have no idea, if you did, i might aswell let you get Paul, since he likes you :P  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Putting that made Gina's heart ache and her cries more forceful. She didn't like what she was putting, but she knew it had to be done. Gina knew she was chasing after something that was just out of her reach.

           
Oh, he doesn't like me -_- xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gina knew Katie was just playing coy, because Gina knew Paul liked Katie, it was so obvious, so easy to see. They acted like a couple when they played friends. Gina was enraged, crying for her mother who came and was disgusted with what she saw. She held onto her daughter tightly, feeling her little body quake with cries. Hearing her daughter cry and cry and cry into her mothers shoulder and she hung on for dear life.

           He does, do you really like him ? I don't care if you do? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gina was crushed while sending this, not knowing what kind of reply she'd get back, she was scared for the reply. She still hung onto her mother, her mother's boyfriend bought Gina her favourite chocolate. Maltesers. Melting quietly as the heater on the side of her laptop radiated them. Gina, intimidated by the words in front of her, until a red small box popped up on the message bit. She opened the message of Katie and her eyes just grew large.
         
            I like him a little but not a lot, honest xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This caused Gina to wail in perfect shining pain that made the atmosphere in her small room go black, coughing on her cries. She couldn't control the beast inside her that ravaged to get out.

           Well, if you like him, ask him out :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gina played it cool, trying to take back the hysteria that enraged her mind, it clutched at her heart and squeezed as hard as it could. While her mother was gone, Gina gripped a piece of glass she kept hidden at the back of the room. Came to the laptop, seen the words that brought her to tears and scraped as hard as she could down her upper arm. Bashing her head of the table, she cried like there was no tomorrow. She just couldn't feel anything, the emotions that ran through her like poison just gripped her to a new more blacker reality.
       
           No, Gina you liked him first so hes yours :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gina thought of the possibility for a second and cried even more, knowing the truth would just eat at her if she ended this conversation like a coward. Gina knew she could NOT compete against Katie. She knew Paul liked Katie, and she knew Katie liked Paul. It was just to obvious, and Gina just kept it to herself and didn't acknowledge it to be true. She buried it and SHE HAD TO BRING IT TO THE LIGHT WITH A SMILE ON HER FACE!

           ...Katie, when do you think these ever going to be a chance between us ? :') There's more of a chance you two goin out more than me :')  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gina putting words down that bruised her heart, finally accepting the truth. It was a PAIN and AGONY to accept something she didn't want to.
  
              Gina, I'm not asking him out cause if he does like me he will say yes and you and me won't talk or anything no more cause I know how much it will hurt you, love you too much to lose our friendship :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

These words were filth to Gina's eyes and ears, really. She couldn't believe her bestfriend would open her to the truth and say she wouldn't rish their friendship. It just angered her. Gina wrote what broke her heart, she came to terms with her worst nightmares, she played chicken with her life.

          But then you'll be missing out... And who knows... It might knock me off of him :) Is that why you wanted me to stop liking him?  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
And it's what bestfriends do :) It will hurt, but theres more of a chance you seein him than me which is like making paper turn to rock :') And love you to much to miss out on something great xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gina knew she was being the bestfriend that people would wish for. Most girls wouldn't do it, but Gina knew she had NO chance with Paul, it was just impossible.



In the end, Katie and Paul ended up together.
       Gina had to quietly and slowly let Paul go, dragging her feet behind her, she cut at her arms sometimes, and one time ingraved 'LOVE' into her knuckles, ince a bloody mess now just scarred. She has no hope what so ever anymore, ever since it was dusted and blown away, it has not ever ince came back. She left it that way.
          Now she gets bad depression, and will scrape herself sometimes, mostly 2 a week, or listen to depressing screamo songs and talk to her other bestfriend suffering depression, and will brag about her boyfriend, which will cheer Gina up. Because she loves her other bestfriend to death, a bestfriend she hasn't been betrayed by yet. She has tried to kill herself, strapping Gina for more heartache, not wanting her bestfriend to be taken away like that.
Now Katie will brag about snogging Paul, making it rather disturbing for Gina, and make her a bit awkward and angry, making her say nasty things she doesn't think through.


Thank you for reading this true story, by now, you would've guessed who this is about if you read my stories. This is all true, just the names are different, the texts between Gina dn Katie are full proof and genuine.
Enjoy :)

© 2011 WritersSoul


Author's Note

WritersSoul
I insist listening to Damien Rice-Nine Crimes and Hope-Who am I to Say Kelly Clarkson-Because if you while reading this :P

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, a very good read, and knowing that the texts are genuine makes it all so real, and shows that taking a statement as literal truth or some cunning ploy is very hard to detect when you know someone the way you do.
That inner conflict and turmoil you faced arising from the whole event is splendidly portrayed, the texts and then the feelings/emotions that go through from a seemingly simple statements you explain thoroughly underneath is brilliant.

And well I did listen to the songs, but had to after I finished reading as I only saw it at the end. But had me gripped nonetheless!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow, a very good read, and knowing that the texts are genuine makes it all so real, and shows that taking a statement as literal truth or some cunning ploy is very hard to detect when you know someone the way you do.
That inner conflict and turmoil you faced arising from the whole event is splendidly portrayed, the texts and then the feelings/emotions that go through from a seemingly simple statements you explain thoroughly underneath is brilliant.

And well I did listen to the songs, but had to after I finished reading as I only saw it at the end. But had me gripped nonetheless!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lovely piece:) The beginning, i like the rhyme:) The story was very interest...kept me reading till the end (and I dont always read long pieces on WC) gOOD jOB

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 19, 2011
Last Updated on August 19, 2011

Author

WritersSoul
WritersSoul

South Shields, bloop, United Kingdom



About
I am Beth/Bethan/Terri-Beth as my friends like to call, and I'm 15, 29/04/96, and started writing when I was about 13..? And now I get depression really bad and do things I should'nt and thats why I w.. more..

Writing