Trainwreck

Trainwreck

A Poem by Elizabeth

virgin white slowly fading
darkness won’t come soon enough
midnight musings

smoky bars and jukebox lovers
tequila solace
twirling dance floors

mascara teardrops
hidden under neon moons

little liar
failure aging
short shirt
designer purse

head turning
dressed to kill

myself

© 2010 Elizabeth


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is the image of a girl you see at a nightclub, dancing away blithely, seemingly full of life and beauty, ...but hiding the contradictions which linger and bubble underneath the superficiality. She is the "virgin white slowly fading", the pure, pretty little angel, the daddy's girl. But she has a "darkness" that "won't come soon enough"; an inexplicable self-destructive nature which leads her to places and things that were never meant for her assumed perfection and purity.. In the "smoky bars" with the "jukebox lovers", seeking something but finding only "tequila solace" and disillusionment, reflected in her "mascara teardrops" ... The resulting "Trainwreck".
The "little liar" is perhaps the story of many a girl in this modern culture of entertainment, mate-seeking, and soul-searching that goes on day after day, week after week. But its continuance, and discovering nothing, goes on asking a question that maybe has no answer..but then she perhaps does not know the right question..."failure aging" is the result through the years; a reflection of herself, endless, like a self-fulfilling prophecy of her meaning in life. Yet she can still be "dressed to kill" and still provoke the "head turning"...
A tragically real little cameo of a life, concisely and precisely portrayed; a somehow twisted yet common perspective that represents to me an intended fairy tale gone wrong.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Great imagery hun!

Posted 13 Years Ago


The loose ends of this poems scares me...
As though this were to really happen.
I like how you have no real design format.
Very great,
The only advice I could give is to go further into this... deeper.
Leave it off as you did, but give more explaination.


Posted 13 Years Ago


wow. really excellent title that somehow doesn't fit but actually fits perfectly.
short powerful lines. excellent imagery.

Posted 13 Years Ago


very good

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
this is wonderful, your imagery is very good, with such little given away..well penned

Posted 13 Years Ago


smoky bars and jukebox lovers
tequila solace
twirling dance floors

my favorite lines... we all hide a certain of amount of pain behind the way we present our selves.

Posted 13 Years Ago


"mascara teardrops
hidden under neon moons"
LOVE IT! You are a master of imagery!

Posted 13 Years Ago


An intense and poweful piece of poetry

so well expressed with deep emotions springing forth.....

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very deep. You set the mood well and the way it is written is very elegant. I can see the setting of this poem perfectly and I really enjoyed reading it as sad as it was. Great write!!

Voice


Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this style of write.......This scene described brings back some nice memories.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

761 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 23, 2010
Last Updated on July 23, 2010

Author

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Wonderland, TN



About
I am Alice through the looking glass...I mix my metaphors with barbiturates. I take my mania with a glass of milk and I rarely look before crossing the street. Walk a mile in my mary janes, friend. .. more..

Writing
Bones Bones

A Poem by Elizabeth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..