Lost Time

Lost Time

A Story by Gone with the Wind

Its not easy to say that one has lived in a shelter, but I know I can say it with my head high because there is nothing wrong with that. That happend in the summer of 2010. My mom had finally gotten tired of my stepdads domestic violence. It was a fast and difficult change but we did it. That shelter took me to a theater camp that changed the way I lived my life. It was only for a week, on the last day we were gonna perform a meaning full poem about our selfs. There was this guy his name was Luke, I will never forget him not because of love but because he spoke with no lies in his mouth. His poem was so meaning full there are no words in this world that would be able to discrime it. "This is not the home of the free or the brave but a land build on the back of slaves." That little sentece had so many memories with so little letters in it. It was so true and still so many people ignore this. Even know remembering the way he spoke with rage and hope leaves me breathless. He had many more poems but thats the only one we ever got to hear. 

© 2011 Gone with the Wind


Author's Note

Gone with the Wind
Don't ever forget you by yourself CAN make a change don't let any one say any different.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen

Stats

139 Views
Added on November 10, 2011
Last Updated on November 10, 2011

Author

Gone with the Wind
Gone with the Wind

Denver, CO



About
Writing is the only way to get my thoughts out without being afraid that my true voice is being heard. more..

Writing