Prologue-Letter to the Children

Prologue-Letter to the Children

A Chapter by Kim Strobel

Date: 12/12/3012


Time: 3:04 am


     Dear My Children,

     I have longed to see you. But let me tell you a story first. You are probably waking up soon to something you don't even remember. It might be scary but trust me, whoever finds this will be able to understand more than anyone else. The world is in turmoil. I want to tell you how it started.

    In my youth, I was a historian. I loved the books and the history in which we looked back on to learn our mistakes. I wasn't so sure that we would learn from them if we didn't in the first place. But there was something different about me then any other historian.My buddy, Joshua, and I were always into trouble but we didn't think the outside world was important as our heads. We loved the thought of prophecies and personally, we read the bible like a story. We took it seriously but we didn't dig into it to make up some notion that God hates gay people. We had as much right to our opinion as the next guy.

   Until, it happened. It was all over the news, the ports, the Amtrak stations, the greenspaces. It went viral in a matter of seconds. A man was walking amongest us, healing people with his bare hands but also, people were disappearing. It was believed as the second coming. It was, to most, the worst news. The world was going to end. But the Man said that there was a book. A prophecy of some sort and that sparked my ears. A book that could maybe help out the world? It sounded promising.

   I called my friend and we set out to find the book just as one of the seals was broken. The Horseman or should I say woman, War, was stationed in Irag to kill all of them. Massive slaughter and I have never seen so much blood but the man was there to take the bodies somewhere. We thought we were doomed for life. Each seal was broken in order and the world into chaos.

   Then, someone released a virus. X56. I heard it on the news years ago when they called in something different because it was going to be a health supplement to help our brains store more knowlege. It was said a man made the final test but something went wrong and he died with all the knowledge about the 56th test and how to avoid it. But when it was locked away, someone broke it, took it and poured it into a dozen of people's drink, sending them to go insane. And the virus did something completely opposite. It slowly deteriates the brain till it is but a few cells, killling you immediately.

   That's when the Clean Slate came into business. They were the new work force that came to clean out and rid the world of the virus. It was hard to imagine how difficult their job was. Luckily, Joshua and I were out of shot of any city. But it kept getting worse. Acid rain from the sky, killing half a million people and that was just the beginning. The Man started to take people to Heaven to keep safe when massive earthquakes shook the earth.

   That's when my friend died. When we got to the place where the book was located, he was swallowed into the Earth and killed. Another story broke on the news that the devil broke out of his hold to witness the end. I wasn't prepared. I walked into the cavern through halls and hall of metamorphic rock. I see the book on the floor, glowing in pulses.

   The mountain started shaking and I picked up the book. The light grew, blinding the room and I close my eyes. The light died down and I open the book, letting the names fly into the air. Something stopped. The shaking. I grab the book and head out to see what was happening next. When I step out, I am greeted with silence. It washes over me like water in the ocean. It is dead silent.

When you find me, I will tell you the whole story. Until then...


         Your Leader,

              The Sun




Author's Note: Thank you for reading this first of all. I really appreciate it. Second, there will be mistakes since I decided to change the point of view from 3rd to first person. Third, it will take a long time to update but that comes with the perks of writing well so thanks so much for reading and enjoy.



© 2016 Kim Strobel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on February 26, 2016
Last Updated on February 26, 2016


Author

Kim Strobel
Kim Strobel

Owatonna, MN



About
Hey there. I am Kim and I have always loved writing. Nothing much to say about me. more..

Writing