2. Promise

2. Promise

A Chapter by Sarah
"

again this chapter isnt that long... ill be fixing that though

"

                 2.Promise

 We were already in his car, and almost out of town. I didn't ask where we were going and I didn't care. I
just wanted to leave that horrid building, along with that town. I knew he knew that, there was no disscussion needed. I had my arm resting on the console, my hand flat. Both of his hands were on the wheel, but not for long. His right hand shifted to mine.

 "I know your upset, but you need to pay attention when I tell you this, because I'm not supposed to say any-
thing about it. Okay?"

 "Yeah I promise, I'll listen," I said confidently. He gave me that look that told me he wanted to hear something
else. "And I won't tell anyone, I promise." My eyes found their way to his, like they did constantly.

 "Okay well do you remember my friend Aaron?"  I shook my head in a way that meant yes, and placed a
questionable look upon my face. Then he began again. "We were really close. I know you don't know him very well, so I'll explain him a little to you. He was eighteen and lived right next door to me. he was always on a lot of perscribed drugs. He had a few very bad dieseases. One day his girlfriend broke his heart, and he over dosed. He did this for about three days and he died on the fourth day. He's the reason why no one thinks we belong together. When everyone says I'm a bad influence, it's because a lot of poeple know about how close we were, and what he did." His eyes almost looked apologetic when he finished.

 I wasn't sure what to say, I couldn't change the past, but I know I could change the future. "Listen, I don't think
less of you because of Aaron. Just becasue of what he did, that doesn't mean we're going to fall apart, and I don't know what else to say. All I can think of is I love you."

 When I stopped talking the car was beginning to slow. I pulled my eyes away from his face and looked out my
window. We were at this beautiful park. It seemed deserted, but not creepy.

 We stepped out of the truck. Instantly he rushed over to me and grabbed my hand. "I love you too, and that's
why we're here." A smile broke out across his face that left, yet another, questionable look on mine. "You'll understand what I mean in a little bit."

 The warmth on his hand warmed me. Over a little, I saw a large field. There were a few flowers there, and
that's when I realized that we were headed for it.

      ***

 I would go back to that day in a second. It was great and I never thought what happebed next would've happ-
ened.

 We stopped at the beautiful feild. He turned to face me fully. He took both my hands in both of his, "Carrie,
you have no idea how much you mean to me. If I didn't have you, I don't know where I would be. I think about you constantly, when I'm not with you, it's like a part of me is missing. I love you, more than you will ever know." When he finished he kissed the top of my head.

When he looked at my face I knew he could see the tears in my eyes. Trace pulled me close to him and we held onto eachother. He pulled away, and looked at me to make sure I was okay. There almost seemed to be tears in his eyes too.

 He sat down on the cool, soft grass, and pulled me into his lap. "There's something I want to give you. It's somehing you'll like, and I want you to keep it, forever."

The sweet tone made me shiver. He pulled that magical item from his pocket. It was a sleek, small black box.
I couldn't imagine what it could... I was a ring! I hope I didn't look as stupid as I felt. I thought I had died and gone to heaven! Was this... I couldn't even put these feelings into words.

Finaly he cut off my mind babbling. "It's a promise ring. I wanted to tell you how much I love you, but I didn't know how. This simple ring, I want it to be a promise from me to you. I want you to know that I'll be here for you, matter what, no no matter when. I'll let you yell when you need to, cry on me when you need to. I'll love you when you need it, and when you don't.

 A tear fell down my cheek, he wiped it away with one cool finger. He put the ring on my finger and pulled me
close. I knew it wasn't an engagement ring, but it was a memory of us that I would have forever, just like he promised. It was whit gold and had a beautiful tiny diamond in it. I took it off and observed it with astonished eyes. On the inside it said, "together forever." I slid it back on and look into his georgous brown eyes, "I love it, it couldn't be better." A smile broke out on my face. He kissed my forehead, and then we got up and walked around, happy to be with eachother.

      ***

 We walked hand and hand for an hour hardly saying anything, stealing glances at each other, loving every moment. If I had to pick the mosy perfect moment in my life, that scene would be my perfect. We eneded up back at his truck, got in and just sat there. I was gazing at him like I always did, and I saw something new in his eyes. It looked like need or want, maybe both. Could it be me that he needed or-

Trace's kiss cut off my thoughts, though I had no problem with that, he had answered my question. By the was his lips were pressed against mine I could tell it was need, and yes for me. By the way his hand was shaped on the back of my head, pressing me closer, I could tell it was want, as well, for me.

 I couldn't pull away, even though it may've been a good idea. So many thoughts rushed through my head. Were we meant to be? Of course, I couldn't believe I even asked that question. He smelled really good, and his hands were resting so gently on my waist. I loved the way he always touched me like I was poreclin. He maked me feel all little and protected. I wasn't so pleased with the little part, but I loved the way he made me feel protected. It felt weird being without him, even if I was with other people. Yes, I am completely aware that I have issues and need to get some major help, but I was crazy about this guy. Did that have anything to do with my obvious issues? I am over thinking everything, and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

I was just noticing that his hand was against the bare skin of my back. I couldn't breathe so I pulled away from him. We were both breathing heavily, but that didn't stop Trace. HIs lips tingled the bottom of my jaw, then he moved to my neck.

The ringing of my phonr made us both jump and him quickly pull away. Great it was Jay, just what I needed. He was my best friend, but I didn't want to talk to him while my boyfriend and I were making out in the back of his truck. I ignored the call and moved even closer to Trace than I was before. I couldn't get any closer to him, and that made me mad. I pressed my lips to his softly, but within no time the kiss turned deadly. This was the one way I knew to get closer to him, but it wasn't enough.
 



© 2009 Sarah


Author's Note

Sarah
sorry about spelling

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

alright if yew have any questions at all... just ask... even some suggestions


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
1 Review
Added on March 25, 2009
Last Updated on July 30, 2009


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Sewell, NJ



Writing
Growing Up Growing Up

A Poem by Sarah