Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by blackcayne
"

"The cute guy."

"
My heart skipped a beat. I swear it wasn't because he was looking at me with those beautiful grey eyes in a way that made me want to hug him. He was frowning and bit his lip nervously.

"What are you doing and why are you here," I whispered, as he slowly walked towards where I was standing protectively between Hilary and the mysterious boy.

"I'm just going to bring her back," he reached out to touch her hand.

I quickly flicked his hand away from her, angry at the fact that he would even try to touch her, "Last time you touched her she fell into a coma. What makes you think I'll trust you?" I swallowed, willing my voice to stop shaking.

He cringed at my accusation and withdrew his hand. "It was an accident," he clenched his fist. "If you don't let me fix this now then she will never wake up."

"Why?" I choked  out, horrified at the thought living without Hilary

"That's for me to know and you to find out," he said, sharply. "Now if you don't want me to help, I'll be leaving now."

He turned and reached for the door.

My eyes widened in panic as I splayed out my hand to tug at the back of his shirt.

"Please, just help her," I whispered, tears streaming down my cheeks yet again. "I'll do anything if you just bring her back." My voiced cracked on the last word and I swallowed nervously.

He froze for a second then turned around slowly with a strange look in his eyes. I felt my lips part as a gasp escaped my throat. His eyes had turned the same colour Justins eyes had been in my so called dream.

Red. Blood red.

They flickered down to where my fingers still clutched at his shirt. His jaw clenched as I removed it quickly, pulling it to my chest. Immediately his eyes returned to the original beautiful grey and he let out a breath.

"Excuse me, I'll need you to step aside for a minute though," He looked at me, smirking. "And I do expect something in return."

I frowned, "Depends."

"You said, now step out for a bit." He carefully reached to place his fingertips on the small of my back, guiding me towards the door.

I flicked his hand away from me, "Do. Not. Touch. Me." I could feel the anger boilidng in my stomach. How dare he try to touch me. Turning around, I walked out of the room with as much dignity as I couls muster with tear streaks on my face, and closed the door quickly.

I leaned against the door with my back to it and remembered that the door had a little window at eye level.

I peeked inside and was instantly repelled by a bright white light. I turned my face quickly to the side and waited for my vision to come back and blinked quickly. Looking back to the door I saw Hilary sit up.

He actually did it.

I flung open the door and stared with my mouth gaped wide open.

"Ione? What happened?" she whispered, eyes wide with fear.

I rushed over to her side and clasped her hands in mine, "Don't worry about it sweetie, you're safe."

"I... I remember, that guy. The cute one," she frowned. "That's it."

I heard a low laugh behind me, but when I looked there was nobody there. He wasn't there. I glanced down at the floor finding a crumpled piece of white paper.

"Tomorrow meet me at the cafe at 6 o'clock for dinner, you owe me. Best wishes, Theo." It read.

"What's that?" Hilary peeked over my shoulder, "Oh, it's a note, from who?"

"The cute guy."

Her eyes widened and she snatched it from me, jumping over the hospital bed with the bedsheets crinkled up. She grinned at me and scanned her eyes over the note.

"He asked you on a date!" She smirked, "You always get the good ones."

I sat her back down onto the crumpled sheets and took the note from her hands, placing it in my pocket.

"Serioiusly, Hilary, he's a weirdo."

"A hot weirdo," she pointed out knowingly.

I swear I heard another tiny laugh but ignored it.

"Still," I perched on the bed next to her.
"You totally like him. You're blushing," her lips pulled into the widest grin I had ever seen from her. "Who knew the ice queen would finally find someone she was attracted to after so many years."
I covered my eyes and thought. I wasn't blushing. No way. That was impossible.
She giggled and I rolled my eyes. As i opened my mouth to reply defensively the door opened and the nurse dropped the folder she was holding with her mouth wide open. It fell to the floor with a loud clatter followed by silence. Hilary grinned, "Hello."
The nurse ran out with a horrified look on her face, another one replacing her quickly. 

A look of shock flickered over her features but she quickly recovered and rushed over to Hilary, starting to take her temperature and asking about her health.
I smiled and flashed her a wink, walking out of the room I glanced over my shoulder to see her rolling her eyes. As I closed the door quietly I heard a voice behind me.
"You think I'm attractive," I heard Theo's deep voice say with a hint of a smile.
I sighed and refused to turn around. "What are you doing?" 
"Telling you to come to the date with me," He breathed softly, leaning his lips a few centimeters from the area between my neck and shoulder. I could feel his body heat radiate onto me and make me feel warm in my stomach.
I shivered and held back a gasp. I swallowed, "Alright... Theo."
"What's your name, beautiful?"
"That's for me to know, and you to find out," My voice strained, throwing the words back in his face.
He pressed his lips to my covered shoulder but I could still feel the shocks run through my body. "See you tomorrow, dress nicely Ione."
I frowned and turned around to come face to face with air. 
I blushed furiously and slapped my forehead.
Idiot.



© 2015 blackcayne


Author's Note

blackcayne
please review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
Added on July 9, 2015
Last Updated on July 9, 2015
Tags: romance, shadow, cute, cafe, date, hospital


Author

blackcayne
blackcayne

Australia



About
A student that writes for leisure. enjoys the occasional thriller/horror but prefers romance. paperback books are always the best way to read books. Feel free to message me c: hopefully I'll be a .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by blackcayne


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by blackcayne


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by blackcayne