Everyone knows

Everyone knows

A Story by Deborah G. Adams

Ok, so everyone knows the formula, the recipes to happiness, to freedom and to a great way of how to live your life. How to, that’s right. You’ve heard it many times.

          It’s like we are talking about a new language called “How to” where experts are telling you how to and what to do in order to find or accomplish your goals. Experts are everywhere. The world is full of them. At every corner, you’ve heard about them.

But even if it’s out there, written, painted, spoken, it’s not shown, really shown. I’m not talking about a direction here. Directions may be needed but not all the way. Since everybody is speaking about How to, less are talking about the things that get in the way, those feelings that push you back. Therefore, we follow the formula or formulas, since there’re million of them, we don’t know which one is working for us, we try them all or give up after trying few of them. Then we go back to where we were, before all the enthusiasm, hopes and dreams. We break down. We engage in actions that would rather paralyze our pain. That is the moment when we need to reconnect instead of focusing on blame.

We give ourselves a chance to go in. You give yourself that moment.

Meditate, Acknowledge, Practice.  Shut the entire world out. It does not matter if it takes you 10 minutes or 3 hours. For that time, you’re going all in. And once you’re out, you will probably be more honest with yourself and stronger, your vision will be clearer, defined, attached to some goals. And all this because you gave yourself that time of isolation, of solitude, you gave yourself a chance to think. Meditate, acknowledge and practice. It’s a ritual, a habit. And once this habit is formed is hard to break.

Don’t be just an autopilot of your life. Don’t be afraid to be yourself. Acknowledgments will consciously pursue the real you. Starting with little things and doing them right, will work. It’s said, for some, outer order contributes to inner calm. It just like you’re making your bed right, washing your car etc.

Doing so, you’ll wake up with some satisfaction and discipline.

This is not a formula of “how to”. This actually makes you acknowledge the things that get in the way of who you are and where you want to go or simply where you are right now.

Disorder, eating unhealthy, shame, fear, unaccepting who you were yesterday, where you stand today and where are you heading tomorrow, not investing in yourself and most of all not surrounding yourself with inspiring people, these are one of the things that get in the way of fulfilling your life.

Remaining consistent with healthy positive habits and acknowledge first what’s going wrong before making things right, can be a challenge.

That does not mean you need to find reasons for what could get wrong because here you don’t need five, one will be just enough to stop you from giving goals to your vision.

When things get wrong, the key is not to beat yourself up for breaking it, for having all the negative feelings. Rather, you need to reconnect with yourself, to your vision and to the importance of why you are doing this in the first place. Let your way be your identity. And since your thoughts create your reality, be sure to choose what significance you give to them. We all have thousands of thoughts running daily through our mind. Give yourself a moment to reconnect and digest your feelings. Going back to dreams you’ll see that a dream is just and will remain a dream if it holds no vision. A vision without at least one goal stays as it is, a dream. We are not meant to wander in a purposeless fog. Push yourself to get clear on how you feel about life first in order to figure it out what you truly want to do. Sooner or later you will go real. Choose sooner. 

© 2018 Deborah G. Adams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderful words of wisdom🌹

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 12, 2016
Last Updated on March 2, 2018

Author

Deborah G.  Adams
Deborah G. Adams

New York City, NY, Malta



About
A few of the Beauty tips that needs to be Saine Jeune stored at heart if you are truly concerned about your beauty are that frowning on a regular basis and being annoyed may add wrinkles on your encou.. more..

Writing