First Impressions

First Impressions

A Poem by bourgeoistrash
"

Free verse poem. I wrote this as I was waiting at a bus stop after work. It's what I wis would've happened as I sat there alone

"
When I first saw you there was a pause in time. My gaze caressed your face; every curve and line memorized. All in a matter of seconds I took in your essence. Can we run away with this moment and never look back? Leave our lives and get off track? Open up to something we never saw coming? Turn nothing into something off of one long glance? In that brief moment I felt our worlds collide. I passed and smiled long enough for your eyes to glide up and down my frame as I did the same. I saw new corners of you that I hadn't before; new ripples and cuts I'd yet to explore. In one quick glance I felt I knew your whole life like I'd lived it with you every day and shared your dreams every night. I wondered: could you handle me and all my flaws? Look at my whimsical nature and say I'm not crazy? Listen to my complaints and say I'm not angry? Let me rest and say I'm not lazy? Watch me eat and say I'm not greedy? Help when I ask and say I'm not needy? I think I could handle you; tame the animal I see in you. I can tell you're kind of wild just by looking. That's probably what drew me to you. Like a moth to a flame thrashing madly into light; wanting what's no good for me, knowing its probably not right for me. You must've been bad. You had "WARNING" written all over you like a cigarette package. I was willing to bet you were someone's bad habit because you're mine already. Even without speaking you were so inviting; with lips so enticing and a gaze so mesmerizing that it reeled me in with a grip that was tightening and I was so accepting that it was sort of frightening. Finally! You opened your mouth to speak. It seems like it took forever for you to get it out. I was on the edge of my seat without a doubt. Come on, say it! You finally spoke and I vibrated. My ears honored and elated that your voice would grace them with its presence. Enthralled and captivated by a simple hello. Seems like I've waited forever just to hear you say it. Thank you.

© 2015 bourgeoistrash


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on March 27, 2015
Last Updated on March 27, 2015
Tags: Love, poem, love at first sight, attraction

Author

bourgeoistrash
bourgeoistrash

Durham , NC



About
simple yet perplexing. more..

Writing