The Lonely

The Lonely

A Poem by bourgeoistrash

The Lonely see all but go unnoticed; living in the long casting shadows of obscurity. Fading into background comes as naturally as breathing. They dwell in safe havens in the distant corners, unexplored. The Lonely are not like you, they hate to be seen. Their natural state of being would be too complex for you to comprehend. The mere sight of them would frighten you and leave you in awe simultaneously. They are not ugly, nor beautiful by your understanding; they are simply themselves: a wonder to behold but too precious to share. They observe you daily but you wouldn't be able to tell. They put on disguises and go out amongst you. These coverings only work for so long until The Lonely crave the solace of darkness yet again. They thrive in the empty spaces that most would go insane in; for they aren't at peace in the company of others. The Lonely sometimes meet in your world but don't recognize their own kind. They both wear their camouflage well so each believe the other are just another one of you. If you could ever befriend one, and most fail at the task, your eyes would be opened; for The Lonely are wise. They know your world better than you know yourself. You are malleable where they are obstinate. The temptations of your kind have little effect on The Lonely and for good reason. If they should fall victim to your lusts, they deteriorate until they become like you: a wanton. That is what happens when they stay in costume for too long; they forget what they are and lose their brilliant selves. Once they lose themselves they become almost impossible to find. When The Lonely are lost they rarely return.

© 2015 bourgeoistrash


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on September 23, 2015
Last Updated on September 23, 2015

Author

bourgeoistrash
bourgeoistrash

Durham , NC



About
simple yet perplexing. more..

Writing