I hear the sound

I hear the sound

A Poem by Black Swan Poetry

I hear the sound

As you slowly

Push down the keys

 

Ringing in my ears

The music that comes

From your misery

 

I can feel the pain

In the notes

That you play so hauntingly

 

To be heard

Your songs plead

Life has a way

Of writing these

 

They reach out

And touch me

As if I am

In this life

That I do not lead

 

To connect to us all

They strangely somehow succeed

We are left feeling every drop

That your fingers bleed

© 2011 Black Swan Poetry


Author's Note

Black Swan Poetry
(Thanks for reading)

If you are on stumbleupon and enjoyed this piece, please like it. Thank you




My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

it was a wonderful read... also i know i have had a time when i felt like my life was out of my control and their was so much i wanted to do to help and change but didn't know how to take control and this is what this poem reminds me of... i really liked it and keep writing...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love it. It speaks with subtle passion and beauty as music is heard through your words.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Music transcends all other media in its ability to transmit sensation, mood and atmosphere. Music as the ability to set the scene and create the response.
Your words caught this quite precisely Swan

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You are offering such tender words and kindness to another who is in pain. That is a virtuous characteristic, my friend. I wonder if whatever evoked this emotions you express toward your muse, are feelings that perhaps you are also needing to hear from yourself. I have recently discovered that most poetry are conversations we are having with ourselves, the parts long gone ignored. I bet you can relate to your subjects pain very deeply. Compassion for others is such an invitation for us to explore our own hurt. This was beautiful....I have much appreciation. Thank you.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That is palpable my friend, the anguish in the pianists persistent playing is exquisitely evident. Very Very Cool Piece my friend.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A refreshingly new read!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Misery can be soft .. and sometimes speaks in whispers , and whimpers .. Other times it is loud, brassy .. intrusive .. .. It can lead you some where you do not wish to go .. Listen to your hearts song ..

This is good .. Jazz

Posted 12 Years Ago


This had a great feel about it. I especially liked ...in In this life That I do not lead. Thankyou.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's strange how no matter how big a problem some people have, it's so hard for them to talk about it. We all communicate in our own ways. Fortunately, you have given us insight on other forms of expression...to show us when we should be concerned.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Me
An engaging write from beginning to end. A pleasure to read.

Posted 12 Years Ago



4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1095 Views
41 Reviews
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on December 4, 2011
Last Updated on December 4, 2011
Tags: poetry, poem

Author

Black Swan Poetry
Black Swan Poetry

Kenosha, WI



About
I enjoy writing Poetry about the human condition. While much of this can at worst be very sad and at best be serious. This is not all that encompasses me. And it does not represent my constant state o.. more..

Writing