Maree Cordette

Maree Cordette

A Story by Blaise Valentine
"

This story is about a man who wants to buy and new house when he meets the love of his life in the strangest situation.

"
Just as I John James Junior walked into a French bank to make a deposit on my new house in Bordeaux, the police came rushing in. One after the other with guns and riffles and handcuffs half sticking out of their belts.

Never had I actually been in a bank at the time of a robbery. It felt as if my life was in danger, even tho the police was there. I wanted to be the one to save everybody from this catastrophe, I wanted to be the brave, energetic, idiotic guy that everybody loved and called hero!

I was the one that wanted to catch the attention of the most amazing female in the room, constable Maree Cordette. The way she lead the police force must have been the most wonderous thing I'd ever seen. No words could descibe her beauty or her majestic voice. It was magical!

Just as I was about to stand up with one of the guns I had just taken from a police officer standing near me, another had caught me. He marched towards me, taken the gun, shoved me in a corner and told me in a gruff voice, "stay put or else", but before he could finish his sentence, he was needed else where in the bank.

So as usual they caught the thieves, returned the money and kept their people safe, and I was left in a corner looking like an idiot. Although it wasn't the idiot I intended on being. The police had just walked out the bank with Maree Cordette leading them. Out the door they went, and so did my chance with Maree.

I then got up and was about to go back to the seat I was sitting at, when Maree Cordette had just walked back into the bank to talk to me. Even I, a grown man of 32 was smiling ear to ear when she first spoke to me.

"Catch my attention by not being boring, common or dangerous. Try doing something that could bring joy to both you and I", she said. Her French accent was so delightful to hear compared to all the American accents back home.

So that is exactly what I did. I found out her favourite resturant and I took her out. We both ended up having a well-deserved break and now she is my wife living with me in our house in Bordeaux France.

I'll never forget the day we met, August 3rd 1841 in a bank

© 2015 Blaise Valentine


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on October 6, 2015
Last Updated on October 6, 2015

Author

Blaise Valentine
Blaise Valentine

Cape Town, western province, South Africa



About
Hello my name is Blaise Valentine. I joined because I love writing, it's a passion of mine and so is music. more..

Writing