Escaped

Escaped

A Story by Blaise Valentine

Escaped

My boss had just phoned to tell me that he needed me, Maree Cordette, to lead the force in an unsolved crime, to see if we could find anything useful.

I gathered my officers and as we were walking towards the crime scene, we saw ten bodies lying on the pavement with cuts in their necks. Their blood slowly crawled into the drains. All of a sudden in the shadows of the early morning behind a wall there was a shadow. I couldn’t tell whether it was male or female. Was it the person who murdered them? Was it the help?

I turned towards my officers but there was nobody behind me or anywhere around me. I carried on walking, only faster.

In every direction I looked, I saw the shadow and it was coming closer. I could see no actual part of the body, but the shadow was enough to get my heart racing.

Just at that moment the streetlights were turned on. Off they went and on again, as if someone were playing with the light switch. Every single time the lights went on, there was that shadow and there was absolutely nothing I could do except run and that is exactly what I did.

I didn’t even bother going back to the office. I headed straight home. I called my husband but the phone just rang until it went to voicemail.

How was that shadow at every single streetlight? Was it a ghost? Was it a ghoul? Could it just have been my imagination? Finally I reached home, only to find my house door kicked open. There were things lying over, cupboards fallen and the wooden floor scratched. I walked through the kitchen and noticed my knives were bloody.

I shouted for my husband but in return all I got was silence. All through my house I ran looking for my husband. He was nowhere to be seen.

Then I saw him, standing in front of me with the shadow. I was not going to get killed by my own husband, I told myself as I pulled the trigger.

 

THE END

BY BLAISE VALENTINE

© 2015 Blaise Valentine


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on November 28, 2015
Last Updated on November 28, 2015

Author

Blaise Valentine
Blaise Valentine

Cape Town, western province, South Africa



About
Hello my name is Blaise Valentine. I joined because I love writing, it's a passion of mine and so is music. more..

Writing