palmer and texas

palmer and texas

A Story by sette

I am a true blue romantic, if given the chance to live elsewhere, maybe I want to live in Texas but not in big cities like Houston or Dallas but I rather like to live in Austin or El Paso. The main reason is I was hooked on Diane Palmer’s novels about the beauty of the west. With all the horses, cattle, mountains, and of course the cowboys described in the story made me want to discover the beauty and enigma of this state. I want to have the chance to explore the serenity and uniqueness of the place. I still consider Spanish as a romance language just like Italian. The only thing that I will not be fond of is the spicy food because it gives me indigestion.

 

     Another challenge for me is to be able to mount and ride a horse, I’ve been traumatized the last time I rode one and I believe to overcome a phobia is to be able to do it again and what better way to cure my phobia but with the beauty and allure of the place.

 

     The truth is, I order my Palmer books via online because when I purchase them at our local bookstores , they cost a lot. So I go for the second-hand books which are cheaper. The first thing I look at the back page is the setting and if it is really Texas, then it will be an impulsive splurge. I just don’t know why I got hooked on her works especially her long legged Texans series. I like the to visualize a virile Texan with a Stetson riding a bronco under the Texan heat.

 

    If there is one person to blame for this fantasy of mine, that would be Diane Palmer, she showed me the allure of Texas and I can’t wait to visit it one day.



 

© 2018 sette


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Morning SEtte thanks for this lovely story of where you would like to live and why.
I really liked this and also like how you brought reading an author brought you to this place where you would like to live and why. thanks again, great read, good luck in this competition.

Posted 5 Years Ago


thanks sette love this thanks for entering my contest again

Posted 5 Years Ago


sette

5 Years Ago

no problem julie
Ang saya niyan kung makakapunta ka sa mga lugar na gusto mong puntahan lalo at magandang lugar siya.Sana po makarating kayo doon.

Posted 5 Years Ago


sette

5 Years Ago

sana nga talaga
That was a great story sette! I hope you get to visit Texas soon. I know you will be glad you did!

Posted 5 Years Ago


sette

5 Years Ago

hopefully too donna
Your love of Texas is fascinating, to get over your trama of horse riding, first get to know a horse ....slow and study contact with an animal gives you a deeper understanding of that animal. I hope you get to visit Texas soon and enjoy your visit immensely too.

Posted 5 Years Ago


sette

5 Years Ago

thank you for the words of encouragement my friend
Mrudula Rani

5 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Hi Sette, I enjoyed reading your words. The only place I ever lived in America was phoenix, Arizona for eight weeks. I enjoyed my stay there. But nothing can touch my western Australia. This is my paradise. Wonderful read, my friend....Peter.

Posted 5 Years Ago


sette

5 Years Ago

that is good to hear peter
We learn more of that which makes a fine poetess tick.
Fascinating personal disclosures!

Posted 5 Years Ago


sette

5 Years Ago

thanks my friend for the appreciation
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
Mmm....a true love for travelling here that too for the natural beauty of Texas's greenery area!!
Nice read😊

Posted 5 Years Ago


sette

5 Years Ago

i hope to visit it one day my friend

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
8 Reviews
Added on May 28, 2018
Last Updated on May 28, 2018

Author

sette
sette

Writing
coffee coffee

A Story by sette


hurt hurt

A Poem by sette