The Dark One

The Dark One

A Story by BLFK
"

The little bit of words that I have scribbled down.

"

In the darkness of the lingering shadows, the figure appeared larger. Danielle's eyes tried to focus, but her head was aching - she was laying all alone with someone descending upon her. The apartment no longer seemed to be safe, the alarm that had guaranteed protection was disarmed and useless. Why? Why did anyone want to come in to her home? She wasn't anyone and didn't have anything to go to great lengths to take. Breaking in, as one of the great lengths that came to her aching head. The figure was still, composed, with its hands not seeming to be holding anything. Danielle thought, she had no weapons, except the knives in her kitchen. She didn't know how to get out of the bed, and reach for the one under the frame, without the person bolting toward her. With dilated and opened eyes, she prayed, 'help me, help me.' Her heart was beating to a level that it almost was beginning to match her head. Trying to think, all the thoughts felt like mush. Then when it took a step forward, Danielle reacted and grabbed and knife under the bed-shame. Quickly, her eyes diverted as the blade caught the moonlight from the opened blind. The person,the thing, still only one step closer, spoke, ''There is no need for knives. No need for anything like that."
Danielle found her voice, it had been hidden away in a veil of fear, "Then why are you here? What have I done?"
The head cocked, "Done? Everything." It laughed, a laugh you hear when a person is hilarious. High and uncomfortable. "You Christians walk around like you are not causing anything." He swore, loudly. "When in the true cents you are causing half of the problems yourself."
There was no reason to speak and no reason for her to try and understand; she was clueless to what his words meant. He continued, "For so long I have stood back and watched - watched - as you Christian's speak to the lost." He sighed in a sarcastic overtone. "They don't appear that lost. If they were, they would have come to you. But no, you go sniffing around for them!" 
Danielle wasn't feeling brave. She didn't think her mouth would make the words form. She made her tongue create the words, "Why are you here? Why are you talking to me when there are many Christians?"

© 2010 BLFK


Author's Note

BLFK
Tell me what you think. And forgive me if this is hard to understand. I am still in concept mode. I am not bashing Christians, because I, am one too.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like to scribble down little bits of stories as well. I probably have a binder's worth if I hunted them all down as they tend to end on the corner of my school work or a loose piece of paper. It seems like a great idea. The attacker seemed intriguing. I'm very interested in how it turns out.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Pretty cool, certainly original and the writing was good.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 11, 2008
Last Updated on March 2, 2010

Author

BLFK
BLFK

follow the yellow brick road



About
With each page, pen-marked fingers and feelings poured out, I see the work I have spent to write. Everytime my experiences find a place on paper, I am seen transparent... Leaving readers to see what I.. more..

Writing
Metal & Lace Metal & Lace

A Poem by BLFK


The Bridegroom The Bridegroom

A Poem by BLFK