One Must Search (Prologue)

One Must Search (Prologue)

A Chapter by Burgundy Mist
"

The prologue to my story: One Must Search. It says it all in the text. Enjoy.

"

Prologue

“One must search…” was what Naomi’s mother said just before she died. Her father had left them nine years ago, when Naomi was seven. Now her mother was dead, her neck snapped in a car crash.
               Naomi had stayed with her mom for almost an hour as the ambulance workers swept her aside to deal with her mom. But she already knew; it was too late. Therefore; she snuck away from the dreadful scene.
               She ran down the dark streets of town as a slight drizzle picked up. The roads were quiet, only lit by flickering yellow street lights that barely penetrated the blackness. Naomi could feel the icy sadness creeping up her throat like a spider. Crystal tears welled in her eyes as she quickened her pace to a fast jog.
               Dark alley ways shot past her as she raced down the dampened streets. She almost didn’t notice the soft grunts coming from one of the alleys. Naomi’s conscience screamed to turn around and keep running, but she ignored it and crept towards the sounds.

               Naomi peeked silently around the corner to see a dark silhouette standing in the alley way, and three other men lying on the ground, unmoving. The silhouette-person seemed to be wearing some kind of black suit. It covered his or her face.
               Before she could react, the silhouette moved in one lightning fast motion towards her, and the world around her went blank.



© 2011 Burgundy Mist


Author's Note

Burgundy Mist
Once again... Seems a bit rushed but that's how I wanted it to be... Enjoy

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey there, welcome to Writers Cafe. :-)

This is a very interesting start you got here. You have talent; I only wish this had been longer! The only thing I didn't like was the "Therefore" in the sentence "Therefore; she snuck away from the dreadful scene." The word seems out of place.

I look forward to finding out what becomes of Naomi in the next chapters.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 5, 2011
Last Updated on November 5, 2011


Author

Burgundy Mist
Burgundy Mist

Hubberble Flurb :), PA



About
Hiya :) My pen name is Burgundy. But my name is actually Mandy. Feel free to friend me!!! I would love to read some good stories, so if you think you have a good one, let me know!! I'd love to read.. more..

Writing