Down the Rabbit Hole,Chapter two.~A flip of the mind that made me land on My head.

Down the Rabbit Hole,Chapter two.~A flip of the mind that made me land on My head.

A Story by imatotalboss

It's so beautiful here...where am I? I felt awake but my logic told me I wasnt,the sky was about a million different colors,some I swear I'd never seen before. There was this weird feeling in my stomach like the kind you get when you get good news,or it's Christmas,unless that sounds totally insane...I promise I'm not,but for the moment I was having my own doubts.I saw Flashes of my past life,my dead mother smiling,with my little brother by her side,they seemed so happy...a tear dropped down my face. I wanted nothing but to be hugging my mother and giving my little brother that advice I always gave him, to always keep his head up high,not to worry about what could happen,his big bro would always be there for him...Look how long that lasted.I failed them both...My mother went insane from a childhood of abuse from her family,and more drugs than a pharmacy.On an especially bad day of hersI should have known somthing was up her hands were shaking,and she had that weird little half smile she always got when she was on the brink..But her words were so sweet that I just let it go.On the day everything changed she was just playing with my little brother it seemed so innocent I heard him laughing,I wanted to go join in so I went into the back yard and I saw she had killed my little brother his blood,everywhere his shirt drenched with it,still clenching his little toy truck he loved so much, and my mother standing there,unmoving with a bloody rock in her hand a blank look on her face,no expression as if she had been frozen by some unknown force held by invisible rope.Then She ended up in the Psychiatric ward and slowly gave up her will to live,she'd always sit on her bed,and ask the nurse "Where is my little boy? I miss him so...I found his truck.." *while holding her empty palms to her* she always had that odd little half smirk on her face,it just never went away after that day. I kept seeing things from my past,old friends,Old flames..Old friends that were flamers..Everything,the painful things that made me cringe,the happy things that made me full of joy,but all of it seemed so surreal..And as it became more surreal I felt like my body was being sucked through a vacuum,like Alice as she fell down the rabbit hole. I couldnt make sense of anything,Like when you have a coin toss,there's a 50/50 chance you'll land on your head,or on your feet,at this time I felt as if I'd land on my head...Like a stone on the water,the elements decide my fate. Everything again went black. I woke up with a jolt,like lightning had struck me,I was nothing but awake now,that much I was certain,epecially about that searing pain in the back of my head. "Hello again," I heard from behind me I rose to my feet quicker than a snake strikes. I asked "Who the Hell are you?!?!?!?!?!?" And he very calmly replied..."I am alot of things,none of which I am going to tell you." with the most arrogant yet pleasant smile I had ever witnessed in my life. For some odd reason it eased me,and I began to calm down. Where am I? can you at least answer me that? He replied,"Can you not with your eyes see you're in a clock tower?" Coming to grips with my surroundings I again heard that silent ticking,and looked around and Shiny,beautiful gears were gracefully gliding together in perfect unity like ballerinas dancing together never missing a beat.The roof was entirely made of shining glas,and I could see a million stars glistening overhead,and a bright full moon smiling at me."What kind of clock tower is this?" I inquired. He replied,"This "Clock Tower" has a million different names,a million different forms,a million different locations,and so on and so forth,It's not meant for you to understand. This clock tower,is in a word or more,the engine of the world it keeps everyone moving,keeps it afloat.Not literally afloat,if you were thinking of an earth with wings,It's a terminology for there is nothing on earth that this tower does not control." but that's complete and utter bullshit,I replied God does all that. He patiently replied,"You as a Christian believe that God is all powerful,and controls everything,and is everwhere and can do anything he wants Correct? Why couldnt he appear to you in the form of a clock tower.or are you too closed minded to even have let that cross your mind?" At that moment I could do nothing but stare at him in silence,unable to be angry because I knew he was right. and asked,..."but Why am I here?"... He smiled,and nodded at me to follow him,we went down many,many winding corridors,I was wondering if I was even on earth anymore.There were paintings in the corridor,and in every single on the artist had depicted somthing different,On the first,there was a Bible in the form of a puzzle with several peices missing and the Pope holding them. In the Second there was a picture of a young woman crying looking in a broken mirror. In the Third,there was absolutely nothing,Completely blank,except for a tiny dot in the center,Tinier than an ant or flea. above it was a plaque reading,here is the greatest of nations the Babylon of the universe,the Earth in comparison to me. All this puzzled me so... I couldnt make anything of it,Then finally in the fifth there was what appeared to be a scholar,a philospopher and a holy man all arguing over a burning peice of wood inscribed with "The meaning of life." while a child was pictured in the background inquired to an unseen figure. Never had my mind been so confused. We came to the end of the corridor,and there was no door,just an empty doorway but I smacked my face on some invisible wall as I tried to go through. Rubbing my forehead from what was a pretty hard blow,I asked him "What just happened...?" Because you blindly walked in without even understanding why there was no door. He smirked and told me to learn from my mistake,and trust I could getthrough the door,I slowly put my leg throught the door,then the rest of me followed, Sighing,I told him "you're just full of surprises,arent you." And again he smiled,Which this time began to irritate me.In this room,there was a huge open window looking out upon the earth,all doubts of being not on earth had been dissolved now.all of a sudden,the earth started to follow the same pattern,bit by bit it was flying away into the atmosphere,like it was crumbling,I began to panic and screamed at the old man,"F*****G TELL ME NOW WHAT IS GOING ON OR I'L-" He cut me short,"You'll do what?" What you're seeing is an illsusion,created to see how you'd react,do you really cling that tightly to an earth that will slowly fade away? Pathetic. Now calm down and follow me once more.

© 2012 imatotalboss


Author's Note

imatotalboss
Please,please read.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on September 23, 2012
Last Updated on September 23, 2012

Author

imatotalboss
imatotalboss

akron, OH



About
please review my stories,I need critical opinions, more..

Writing