In honor of To Write Love on Her Arms.

In honor of To Write Love on Her Arms.

A Poem by imatotalboss
"

Scars are there to remind us that now is a better time,this is a poem about what goes on,in the cutter's mind.

"

Tears dripped from your her eyes,gliding across your face,not pleasant like dancers gracefully floating across a stage,The drag down your face like nails on a chalk board,the voices in your head that tell you you're insane,the atomic bombs going off in your brain..

Blowing away any signs of logic,from those thoughts,she refrained.

 

She tried to find the bright side,to that loaded die,over and over you'd rolled it and tried.The same every time,it landed on one side. That side she'd been so sick of seeing,she vomits she's bleeding,so far away from that comfort she's needing.

 

the failures in life so blown out of proportion,a dreadful math question,With no logical equation,she asks yourself "Why me,why me?",the mirror is cracked,and all she can see,is The million different fractures of all the grief she's been through. what have you gotten yourself into?

 

The feeling in gone from her feet to her head,She feel so alone,her emotions..So,dead.She trys to put feeling into herself again,dragging razors across her arms. anything to put an eraser to those things she had read.The thing she so craves is a bullet to her head,her misery gone. but you see, she didnt give in,life went on.

 

You see,there was this new boy who who grew to adore her,every day at school he would give her eyes,and every day he'd leave her a surprise either flowers,silly notes,every day a new thing he wrote.His kind words and soothing voice,his beautiful eyes.He had a big heart,and even headed mind.

 

He came up to her,she was crying one day he could tell..She wasnt okay. He knelt on one knee asked her what was wrong,She replied "I've felt this way,so,so long. I can't seem to escape it,it's always there,I just want someone in my life to care,I have all these scars,from past memories. I'm in so much pain but no one in my family sees."

 

He gave a good-natured smile,understanding completely,He lifted up her sleeve,and looked in her eyes. And kissed the skin where her scars were prominent,He told her I dont want you to be doing this anymore,I'm always here if you need to vent,or a should to cry on,I can be the person tobe there,when you cant think of who does,I can be that unconditional love.

 

From that day forwad,she never did again,She always was a little happier than she was back then.

 

 

 

 

 

© 2013 imatotalboss


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow had me hooked from beginning to end. It's dark, dramatic, and the end is lovely and romantic. Heartbreaking yet it gives hope that there's light shining somewhere through the darkness :}

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

imatotalboss

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much it mesans so much,(: This was in honor of someone close to me who would cut so i.. read more
Emberlorna

11 Years Ago

You're welcome :)
Bravo! T.! so sad and happy ^^ I is confuzzled on feelings here XDD It's destructive yet ends up beautiful. Thankyou for writing, you might wanna edit it but I enjoyed reading ^.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

imatotalboss

11 Years Ago

hahaha thanks(:

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 5, 2012
Last Updated on June 26, 2013

Author

imatotalboss
imatotalboss

akron, OH



About
please review my stories,I need critical opinions, more..

Writing