The Presentation

The Presentation

A Story by Andrew-H
"

This student has a great presentation to demonstrate to his classmates

"

I didn’t go to sleep last night, I needed to get ready for what today brought. I donned my black shirt, black pants, black boots, and my black jacket and, grabbed my keys. Today I was going to start a protest. It wasn’t necessarily impromptu but the only person who knew it was coming was I. I began to cry, I could never come back to that school again. This protest will definitely force my departure from the school, but I knew there would be an eternal remembrance of me. As much as I hate so many of the students at that school, I had a few close friends. If they knew, they would support me.

                I pulled into the parking lot, placed my book bag but kept another bag on my side in my locker, and grabbed my textbooks for my first two periods. Theatre went by quickly, Mrs. Evans pulled me to the side and asked me what was wrong, I told her that I had a funny feeling about today. We had a discussion about intuition. She knows nothing about it. That or she simply lacks it. Before second, I asked her if I could go home and grab something for my project, careful to be vague as possible. On my way out, I set the shoulder bag in the parking lot. When I was home, I grabbed a flare gun.

                I pulled back in the parking lot; next to the doorway was my messenger bag, it had a vest I was planning on wearing during my presentation. I was shaking by now. I calmed myself with a cigarette, and another, and a full pack. This was going to be hard to do, but I needed my point to get across. It was a simple protest and so many other people have protested at their own schools. I told myself I’d do it. I put on the vest underneath my jacket. It was silly but I thought it might show I was serious.

                I finally gathered strength to show my classmates how I felt. I slung a bag over my shoulder and onto my back, and grabbed the megaphone from the smaller bag. I closed my eyes envisioning the way I would be treated after it was done.  I decided it was time to conquer my fears. Public speaking was never my strong point and performing is even harder, but I decided it was time I start. I opened my mouth and my voice flowed out shouting my point.

                You, each and every one of you must assume responsibility for your actions. You have treated me and so many others as if we are not humans. You act as if we are your punching bag. Do you not understand the power we all hold in ourselves? Today you see what happens when you step on a life too many times. Understand that when you step on us that broken battered and bruised face looks back on you whether you see it or not. Today you will become legends and I become a teacher. I will show you the true power of human life

                I dropped my jacket revealing my vest. It was a heavy burden to bear. It had on it explosives. No cheers shouted to encourage me. I was only greeted by a student running to me, I fired the flare gun at him, he doubled over. The first demonstration of power was shown. I dropped my bag and pulled a gun out. I was now beyond fear. All the love in my heart went out to my mother. She taught me to be brave and stand up for my beliefs and myself. I knew one-day people would look back on this day and everyone would thank me secretly. I smiled as I lifted my gun and fired away.

© 2010 Andrew-H


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on October 29, 2010
Last Updated on October 29, 2010

Author

Andrew-H
Andrew-H

Clarksville, TN



Writing
No Worries No Worries

A Poem by Andrew-H


Alex and Mary Alex and Mary

A Stage Play by Andrew-H


Al Al

A Stage Play by Andrew-H