blue

blue

A Poem by blueviolin
"

after Jennifer-Leigh Oprihory.

"
you are not a sad color. i've never seen you sneaking around a sunset.
note to sunset: hurry it up. the quicker you leave, the faster morning can come.
note to morning: i almost didn't make it through the night. thank you.
dear almost: it's time we end this relationship.
dear relationship: i hung you well on that cross...too well.
dear cross: these scars still haven't healed, but i'll carry you. i hope you don't mind blood.  
dear scars: you don't have to keep reminding me.
                 i remember.
dear memories: they say i can't move forward until i let you go.
                       goodbye.
                       come visit me on my deathbed. i'll be able to speak  
                       to you clearly then.  
dear deathbed: you can keep the body. i won't be needing it.
dear body: i need to treat you better.  besides, you don't even belong to me.
dear belonging: i've always tried to find a sense of you. i've decided you can't be found here, on earth.
dear earth: i don't like tsunamis, tornadoes, or earthquakes. i like cool breezes, soft rain, and even ground.
dear ground: you're not holy. i'll keep my shoes on.
dear holy: would you like to come to church? you can sit anywhere but the pulpit.
dear church: come outside, please. people need you.
dear people: try not to kill anyone today. i want us to make it to tomorrow - together.
dear tomorrow: my prayers are tired from walking so long in the dark. open
                     your arms wide, and let them rest. give me a song i can sing when it all ends.
                     give me the blues and God's ears.
                     then give me an eternity to hear His applause.


© 2013 blueviolin


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on July 22, 2013
Last Updated on July 22, 2013
Tags: thoughts, metaphor, imagery

Author

blueviolin
blueviolin

GA



About
I love spoken word and slam poetry. They're my passion, so you'll most likely see their influence in my work. more..

Writing
burden burden

A Poem by blueviolin