Possible Book Sleeves

Possible Book Sleeves

A Chapter by Bob Collopy
"

Please choose which of the below trial booksleeves capture you the most. All other critiques, compliments, criticisms are welcome as well.

"

We are surrounded,

That’s why the walls went up,

To separate us from them,

But the monsters are still here.


This old world died, leaving New San Francisco alone to choke in a fog of ash.  Our city is not ruled by the people.  It is ruled by the games.  Games The General forces every 18-year-old boy and girl to play or not to play.  The Games are brief, but the fallout lasts a lifetime and has formed every one of our shattered identities.


Because of The General we want the buzz of fame not the bore of love.  Because of The General we want to trend online for anything but yawn at standing up for something. Because of The General some sleep on silk and others in tubes. Because of The General we are forced to choose between monstrous glory or perpetual defeat.


So, a bullet lodged in The General’s brain will not be enough to save this city.  We must also revive its soul. We must join Mom and smelt together the broken pieces of ourselves; and bring forth something more beautiful and more powerful than the blades of The General's City Guard.


But until we do, the true function of these walls is keeping the monsters locked in here, not keeping them out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day Break Radio:

Episode #215

Good Morning New San Francisco, thanks for taking the time for this mandatory broadcast. I’m your host, Line. Let’s begin.


Will you take the test? That’s what’s on the minds of every Phoenix Cycler out there right now. But the real question for you boys and girls out there is which of you are going to become women, which of you will become men?  Which of you have the strength to tear yourselves from the bonds of family, friends, loved ones?  To separate yourselves from the poisonous bonds of the weak, to cut yourself loose from those who have FAILED the test. Which of you refuse to CHECK-OUT of this world and slither around in one of those government funded virtual-reality tubes until death comes!


Which of you will rise to the ranks of the elite City Guard? The Women of The Inner Circle? Who will join the very ranks that assure that our city, the only city left, not only in AMERICA, but on this entire ash-coated planet! Which of you are strong enough to survive in THIS world? Which of you CHOOSE greatness or defeat? Which of you will STAND and earn your right to existence by becoming what we need you to be!


Which of you will stay true to the American Ideal. Who will ensure that here, in this city, ONLY the BEST shall RISE!




© 2016 Bob Collopy


Author's Note

Bob Collopy
Grammar will be professionally edited soon.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on October 25, 2016
Last Updated on October 25, 2016


Author

Bob Collopy
Bob Collopy

Phoenix, AZ



About
Bob Collopy was raised on southern values. A world of rigidity and blind faith. He was then moved to Sedona. A near cult-like world, grown from 1960's flower children. He was then moved to Scottsdal.. more..

Writing