Meat Machine

Meat Machine

A Poem by Bob Sherunkle
"

production line of the disposable

"
Born to be fodder to keep all the order,
die to defend an idea with no end.
Loved by many,forgotten by more,
we are raised in the heart of the meat machine.

Take the enemy you cannot see,
take the lives you cannot be.
Do as your told for 800 a month,
we are raised in the heart of the meat machine.

The tears will flow,they will never reflect,
born into a world,lost and bereft.

© 2013 Bob Sherunkle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Raised for slaughter, bred to sate the hunger of those deemed "superior". If we try to escape the killing floor we hit the electric fence, fried young and tender. Your reflection of the bureaucracy of life is brutally perceptive, and I found the line "take the enemy you cannot see" especially chilling. A powerful piece. Well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Bob Sherunkle

10 Years Ago

Matt,thanks man.Much appreciated.Unfortuantly,thhe majority are too blind to see this.Thanks again.



Reviews

Sometimes I feel myself too, a crushed cut piece of meat through the meat Machine of bureaucracy, here in Europe, sigh... You provoke here a bitter (yep bitter) but lovely thought to many ;) of us!! never stop being bitter. I like the way you write... my friend. It speaks volume... I won't let myself land up though to be a meatball not even in the most perfect Italian sauce...

- Elisa

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Bob Sherunkle

10 Years Ago

Ha,like that!Speaks volumes.Thaanks for taking the time to read this.Much appreciated
Maybe we should stride through our own lives instead of trudge through life dictated by whoever.. plus, look for possibilities rather than sprinkle negativity behind our whatevers. Let's say Up with Real People, Down with the so.called Puppeteers, given enough Rope they migh Canoe their paddles Up whatever! Who makes the rules? Beings! Who can break them? Think now. Humans.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bob Sherunkle

10 Years Ago

I'm trying task people topen their eyes at what"they" are doing to our young men and woman..all over.. read more
emmajoy

10 Years Ago

How right you are. Although the so.called powers that be try their hardest to stamp on rights for th.. read more
Hi Bob, nice rhyming style with this poem, you succinctly sum up the deliberate imbalance inherent to life. All is grist to the mill, or should I say "dark, satanic mills"!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bob Sherunkle

10 Years Ago

Hey Daniel,many thanks.I tend to write angry!
Your poem captures a sensitive and sad truth, Bob. People are dominated by the machine with its rules and regulations. Foucault said it destroys the innocence of the human soul. Everybody has to take part, fit in, be accepted, but are you then still yourself?
Anyway. A great poem with a nice flow.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bob Sherunkle

10 Years Ago

Many thanks Lourisa,I gues there's no escape it,wish we could.
very true...feel exactly the same way...great poem...

Welcome to the machine

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bob Sherunkle

10 Years Ago

Thanks Randall,much appreciated.
This made me want to cry. It is drenched in truth which makes it all the more real.....We truly are just cogs in the machine.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bob Sherunkle

10 Years Ago

I didn't mean to upset you,just the way the world is.
R. L. Hill

10 Years Ago

Not upset...just moved. Thank you.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

681 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 27, 2013
Last Updated on November 27, 2013
Tags: war, loss, anger

Author

Bob Sherunkle
Bob Sherunkle

United Kingdom



About
Serial drunkard,despiser of politics and b******s.All round good guy...and yes,that picture is a very bad one of me....Possibly. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..