Chapter3: The rest of my sorrowful day

Chapter3: The rest of my sorrowful day

A Chapter by bonbon7810
"

The rest of her day at school!

"

       Lunch is almost over, so I walk back to class.  I grab my stuff from Social Studies and start to walk to Lanuage Arts. I hear something form the project room, so I get closer to eavesdrop. "She yelled at me and stormed out of my office!" A familiar voice yells. It's Mrs. Cabanoe.

 

     "Well she is going through some very hard times, but I will talk to her." I hear the principal,Mr. Harning say. Then I hear footsteps coming towards the door, so I quickly walk into Language Arts. Mrs.Perano,my teacher glances at me. You can tell she wants to say something, but thinks better of it.

 

   When the class comes in Mrs.Perano says "Class take out your writing notebooks. I want you to write a poem about how you feel right now!" Seems easy enough. If I won the poetry contest writing one poem will be easy enough.  I write the following poem:    Depression meets beneath my soul.

            I'm a puzzle with a missing piece,

               a bare tree,

           a person with one leg.

           Part of me is missing

           Fury builds inside me

          waiting to burst out

           I'm a Halopeno Pepper

          Hot-headed and burning with rage

         Guilt runs through my veins

       I feel like a criminal who comitted murder,but

               I'm innocent

       I feel like crying, screaming, and apologizing all in the same second.

 

     I finish before anyone else in the class, so I wait. Then I see Mr.Harning at the door. I panic inside, but keep my cool on the inside. Then he motions me to the door. I tell Mrs.Perano Mr. Harning needs me. She nods. I walk to the door with him and he tells me we are going to go to his office.

 

    When we get to his office he asks " What did Mrs.Cabanoe say to make you storm out of her office?" I look around the room while I think of my response. The room is large and there are many picture of his four kids, Rebecca,Hayden,Erik, and Frank.He has a large brown desk. And a chair on each side. The wheely chair, which he is sitting in. And the comfy arm chair where I am sitting.

 

    "She asked me if I felt like my father's death was my fault and told me I am unluck to have both parents die. She also asked me if I was being selfish wishing he were here instead of heaven and if I was mad at him the day he died. She made me cry. I refuse to go back there." I answer. He nods and assures me I will not have to go back there. I walk back to class, but class is  over because Mr.Harning and I talked for awhile, so I grab my stuff and walk to my locker.

        When I am at my locker Rachel Karmasew stops me and says "I really liked your poem." I figure she's talking about the poem I wrote for the contest.I mean what other poem would she be talking about.

 

     "Thanks I got my inspiration from being outside a lot.  I love nature and the stars." I respond. She looks at me like I have nine heads."What?" I question her with my eyes as well as speech.

 

  "That confuses me it is such a depressing poem, but you love nature and it is inspired by that." Rachel says. It's not depressing.

 

   "No my poem was about the glistening sun, the beaming stars, and the illuminating moon. I thought that was clearly stated. When they announced my poem won they said it was about the moon,stars,and sun." I say.

 

  " Oh I wasn't talking about your contest poem. I was talking about the one about how you felt. The one Mrs.Perano shared. She said you wouldn't mind because you always share your work." Rachel states. My jaw drops, but I just nod and finish packing up. I can feel the tears burning in my eyes, but I hold them off.

 

     My vision is blurry, but I find my way on to the bus and into my assigned seat. Rose is waiting for me. " I can't believe she shared my poem. She knew my dad died. UGH I am so mad and I don't know what!" I say. I let the tears out. Rose acts like my mother which makes me cry harder. Am I struck with bad luck for life.

 

   When I get home I walk in the door."I'm going to get a snack and go up in my room. I have a lot of uh homework to do." I lie. I grab a cookie and walk up to my bedroom. I gobble down my cookie and fall asleep.

 

     

 

 



© 2010 bonbon7810


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Like interesting as in bad I understand! Ok thanks for the suggestions!

Posted 13 Years Ago


...Interesting.

You might want to elaborate on the poetry contest she won, and in the more recent poem, it should be spelled "Jalapeno" pepper.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 28, 2010
Last Updated on May 9, 2010


Author

bonbon7810
bonbon7810

OH



About
** I literally wrote all of this & my writing when I was in middle school...*I have always loved stories and books ever since I was like six months old and my mom would read to me, so it is no surpris.. more..

Writing
</3

A Story by bonbon7810


The Search The Search

A Story by bonbon7810