Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by booksniffers

ELORA

It's now 5:47 in the morning which means I've been running for exactly half an hour. I have to make it to the safe haven otherwise they're going to find me and then- I push the idea out of my head and start to walk faster. My knees ache. I'll never make it. I'll never reach the safe haven. They are going to find me and then- I push the idea again and start to walk even faster. No time for drama.

After two complete days of crying, I decided to stop. My eyes ache. Actually every part of me aches and screams for rest, for peace, for water, for food and for sleep. I would sleep for a century if I could.

I can't help but wonder if I had made the right decision. Anyone would do the same, I try to convince myself. But no, I betrayed them, I left them and I'll never forgive myself. If our paths will cross again, which I don't think will ever happen, what am I going to say then? What excuse am I going to give? Sorry but I had no other choice?It's very selfish. I had to do this? I ran for my life? It's even more selfish. The empty look in their eyes is chasing me, following my steps, circulating with my blood, entering and leaving my lungs as I breath, leaving a great heaviness that even mountains wouldn't bear.

"Alice Springs Safe Haven......1 km" Okay. Almost there. Come on Elora, you can do this. It's easy. I was trying to convince myself when I heard them. Cars and runs and guns pointed at me. They found me.

"STOP" a voice shouts from behind me. They found me. "There you are you little b***h. Stop or I'm going to shoot you in the head." I recognize the voice now. I stop. I search for the knife in my pocket and pull it silently. I place it immediately between my palm and my long sleeve and then raise my hands in surrender.

He comes closer. I can feel his breaths on my neck. I shudder. I'm not gonna let that a*****e kill me. I'm not going to die. At least not now and not by him. I turn around very quickly and stab him in his shoulder. He lets a scream and grits his teeth. I run as fast as I can. They're not going to kill me. Not today. Then I hear shoots from behind and run even faster. A bullet hits my shoulder and I scream. I don't stop. Another bullet. It hits right next to her sister. I can't stop. Not now. I hold my wounded shoulder with my other hand and fight the pain that's spreading through my veins. It's even worse now when blood is streaming down my arms and my clothes. I hate blood. Its smell starts to find its way to my nostrils. Everything becomes blurry and I start to lose control over my body.

And there it is. Alice Springs Safe Haven. A UN woman appears and runs to me. She grabs my wounded hand. I let out a scream. " I'm really sorry, dear. Oh my God. I haven't noticed. C'mon faster faster faster." She grabs my other hand and holds me so that I don't fall and we run into the safe haven as the shooting stops and UN men secure the door and block the vision. I collapse to the ground. I can hear people around me gasping and shouting. Everything becomes black.



© 2015 booksniffers


Author's Note

booksniffers
Don't forget to tell us what you think! Hope you like it :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I thought it was very interesting. It makes me want to keep reading to find out more about what is going on. It was a little confusing at first but a second read through cleared it up mostly. But overall great read I really enjoyed it!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

booksniffers

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I just began reading your story, I'll make sure to tell you what I think once I f.. read more
Kyle Wynn

8 Years Ago

The pleasure is all mine! I wish the same to you as well!
booksniffers

8 Years Ago

Thanks a lot! ❤❤

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 16, 2015
Last Updated on October 16, 2015


Author

booksniffers
booksniffers

Lebanon



Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by booksniffers


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by booksniffers