Anorexia Reflection

Anorexia Reflection

A Screenplay by Charlie
"

A monologue I had to write for drama class. I think it's pretty awesome.

"

In the world, everyone seems to be thinner than you. They all seem to have the most friends and the most people to say hello to walking through the halls. Well, life isn't what it seems. Most of those people just surround themselves with others because they are too deathly scared to be alone. They hurt just like you do. They notice how the girl next to them is thinner, even though you don't. Maybe sometimes it's what you don't see that makes you more alike than you'll ever know.

The word fat assumed a meaning as deadly as cancer. Getting fat was worse than losing your job, worse than being ditched at the altar, worse than, well, anything. It wasn't simply that I chose not to eat, I was forbidden to. Even thinking about forbidden foods brought punishment. “How dare you,” this voice inside me would say. “You greedy pig.” And I was grateful to have someone to tell me no. Making me respect myself.

I had thoroughly convinced myself that I had everything under control. I realize only now that I was in denial. Secretly, I knew I had no idea what I was doing. I was powered by a fear, a wish to be something unattainable. Hunger, I thought, is a minuscule price to pay. To be thin, no price is too high.

© 2011 Charlie


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

once again wonderful! Some very true points and a very realistic view of the world.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh, please continue!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very good. Some true points. You could follow with a debate with this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Me gusta

Posted 12 Years Ago


it is indeed awesome...

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

388 Views
5 Reviews
Added on May 29, 2011
Last Updated on May 29, 2011

Author

Charlie
Charlie

Studio City, CA



About
Dark, sarcastic, I don't know you but I probably don't like you. The razor moves along her wrist like a river, so peacefully, as that red water starts to escape, its hard to make it stop. more..

Writing
Remember Me Remember Me

A Poem by Charlie


"Screw Up" "Screw Up"

A Story by Charlie