Kingdom in Ruins ~ Part 2

Kingdom in Ruins ~ Part 2

A Story by Acropolix
"

The story continues...

"

The closest minion pulled back his arm in order to hit the woman with shattering strength, but she managed to dodge the attack and used the arm to lift herself and jump over the golem. The other stone beasts were too slow to react, their burning holes following the graceful movement of the human. Holding the dagger with both hands above her head she crashed down at the chaos champion. It quickly dashed to the side and simultaneously lifted the great axe to block the explosive charge. Sparks of golden light mixed with droplets of black mist and danced to the music of warfare.

 

The woman used her speed to push the monster back. Landing perfectly on both feet, she raised her dagger again, causing new rays of light to eluminate the hall. Flames took hold of the of the dagger's blade, extending quickly towards the hilt and the flesh surrounding the hilt. Yet, the knight showed no sign of pain. The inferno grew stronger covering the woman in a cloak of fire. The light intensified, blinding all who gazed upon the transformation, both golems and dark warriors alike. The dancing heat changed from red, to orange, and ultimately blue, cleansing the mortal form on which it fed. Iron mail and skin melt away, revealing blackened bones. The arcane energy kept absorbing more of the human remains. Her face, now an ugly skull, gazed into a world of gods and legends.

 

Beautiful wings like waves of oceans danced out from the burning scene. Bones turned to ash, nothing but the blue flames left a mark of life. The dagger clattered to the ground, glowing intensely. Mirrored in the stainless metal was a ferocious dragon cast into existence by dancing blue flames.Though it had the same height as before the transformation, the wings made her appear far bigger. There was nothing human, nothing that traced back to the knight that had stood there. Only the bright golden aura surrounding the flames left a memory to the former being. Raising its head back, the dragon opened her mouth and fire spat out in a rain of scorching inferno falling down on to the golems. Their mutated bodies further deformed. Black mist rose like smoke where the flames touched their skin of rock.

 

Enraged, the black warrior charged in on the dragon, sweeping the minions aside with his axe. The dragon jumped up and spread its huge wings. The warrior was faster than the dragon had expected, the axe connected with the right wing of the magic bird. For a moment it seemed as though the wing would simply fade away, but new flames grew where the axe had torn a path. The dragon closed its burning jaws on the chaos creature's head. With that it took air and lifted the giant warrior up into the air. The flames consumed the hornet helmet, breaking down the horns that portruded from the dragon's head. Beneath it, a hideous face was visible. Flesh and skin were stitched together forming a mutated head. It had no nose, no ears and the eyes were two small, gaping holes in which a dark, red flame burned. It's mouth had no lips, like it had been created by cutting open the skin savagely. The fire didn't damage the head further, but it screamed. Screamed a high-pitched tone, much like an eagle's call. The dragon accelerated, crashing through the roof and rising ever higher into the sky. Flashing pass the castle towers and still increasing its speed. Its wings cutting through the air, smoke and flames dancing off. As the castle turned into a miniscule grey spot on a green background, the dragon steadied herself and remained flying on the same altitude. It released the foul beast trapped in her bite. Helplessly, it crashed down back to his foul friends.

Some who witnessed that day swore the black warrior had screamed one last word: "traitor". Though all agree that the chaos king had been defeated, defeated by his own daughter.

 

Gûl-Az-Haraq
Blood of my blood.

© 2012 Acropolix


Author's Note

Acropolix
Part two of the story 'Kingdom in Ruins'. Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! That was brilliant. Couldn't fault if I tried.
Shame was only a story! I'd like to know how the daughter became so strong and humanoid.
But still perfect.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Acropolix

10 Years Ago

That's the magic of short stories. They always tell the shorter version of a great tale, but it leav.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 10, 2012
Last Updated on November 10, 2012

Author

Acropolix
Acropolix

Netherlands



About
My writing says who I am, who I want to be, and who I will never be. more..

Writing
The Siege The Siege

A Poem by Acropolix