Why the chicken did cross the road

Why the chicken did cross the road

A Story by Acropolix
"

That's right, just what the title suggests...

"
The chicken has always inspired mankind, There is no greater love than the affection we show for this particular animal. If not for the precious eggs that are used in an infinite amount of meals, be that breakfast, lunch or dinner. Then certainly the taste of its meaty content meets our primitive desire to be satisfied. This golden Nugget might not take to the air, but packed in carton it does make Donald fly to a whole new level. Even science shows interest in our buddy, awakening the philosophical nature in our hearts. With fierce discussions tackling the mystery of the shape the winged god came to us; first the egg or first the chicken? This little fellow simply stole our hearts.
Yet, there are those at the bottom of society who pour all their cruelty, all their malice and the will to mock all chickens (yes, that's you Sauron) down on our beloving chickens. They present us with a stupid joke that lacks any form of humor: 'Why did the chicken cross the road?' Shocking, in the least, done like a headless chicken really. 
Why did the chicken not cross the road? Well, pray, tell me?
The road runs in two directions, whereas the chicken only moves in one. So, logically, they must meet one another at some point. Should, however, the rare case exist that both move parallel, then the chicken must come across the road by the imperfection of mankind to build straight roads. Don't chicken out, it's true.

© 2013 Acropolix


Author's Note

Acropolix
Note: No chickens were hurt in the making of this story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh, whoa, really can't believe it!
But if it's true then it's true!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Why did the chicken cross the Mobius Strip? To get to the same side! LOL...
ah but, true words my friend. The oldest joke in the world is as funny as an old chicken. And in this world of gridded roads, it's impossible for a chicken to not really cross a road in its journey. Whether it actually makes it to the other side or not, well, that's another story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Acropolix

11 Years Ago

If I do recall correctly, and I trust my memory on this one, the question reads: 'Why DID the chicke.. read more
Lina Grey

11 Years Ago

you're memory's worth trusting here friend, the chicken did complete the action... or so they say. B.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 16, 2013
Last Updated on January 16, 2013

Author

Acropolix
Acropolix

Netherlands



About
My writing says who I am, who I want to be, and who I will never be. more..

Writing
The Siege The Siege

A Poem by Acropolix