welcome home

welcome home

A Chapter by loserface mcgee
"

alectriana "alec" lyle gets another chance at childhood.

"

     At the orphanage, no one had gotten anywhere unless they'd made weird noises from Miss Lady, the matron's room, and of course, those were only the big boys. The little brunette girl knew that. She also knew that fire was not a toy. She wondered how Belle and Zoe would feel about the scars all down her back, from when she made Miss Lady angry and the vile woman had dragged a burning log down the area, almost burning her tailbone. Belle and Zoe seemed very nice, she thought, but then, Alectriana hadn't exactly been taught to trust, had she?

     A few months ago, a very strange thing had happened at the orphanage. Two women had walked in, hand-in-hand, along with a little girl, maybe a year older than Alectriana. One of the women, who was a bit shorter, had bright red hair and heterochromatic eyes - one was a light, pleasant sky blue, the other an almost reddish brown, and looked slightly ominous, even foreboding, as if something in it had died. She had a round face and dimples, and was beaming. She was also rather plump. The other was tall, busty, and thin. Her hair was either dark brown or black - in the horrid lighting of the room, Alectriana couldn't tell. Her eyes were both honey-brown and she was slightly tan. The little girl's hair was a plain curly brown, and her eyes were a shade lighter than the redhead. Miss Lady, a prim-looking woman with blonde hair tight back in a bun and a suit that looked more suitable for a lawyer than a matron, stepped forward and presented the strange people.

     "Children, these are the Chases. Zoe," the tall, tan woman nodded in greeting. "Belle," the redhead beamed more, if it was possible. "and Elisabet." The little girl grinned broadly and waved harder than Alectriana would've thought possible. Alectriana blinked as the other children started the Step. The Step was what you might call the classic Orphan Intro; each child would step forward, recite their name, age, and some "interesting" little fact about themselves. When Lizzie Luz stepped back, it was Alectriana's turn.

     "My name is Alectriana Lyle." Alectriana had a very quiet, somewhat melodic voice, an almost hopeless quality, as well. She had stepped forward en pointe, and assumed first position as she reached her one-step. "I am five years old and I want to be a ballerina or a stage director when I grow up." She stepped back, giving her head a tiny bow as she did so. Belle and Zoe exchanged looks.

     A few months later, the adoption papers had been finalized. Alectriana Lyle was now Alectriana Chase, and the social worker's car was driving her off to her new London flat, to live with her new mothers and sister. Dressed in her best clothes - an overlong black tank top with a matching shrug, elbows missing, and a small pink tutu. Her feet were clad in her prized ballet flats. The months had aged Alectriana, in fact, and she looked very mature as she slid her petite form out of the car. Despite the five-year-old's shockingly calm demeanor, she felt as if her heart might burst.

     Alectriana hadn't seen her new home. A bright purple storefront greeted her eyes, gold lettering and signage propogating that it was Salon Miracle!, apparently Belle's business. Several of the customers within looked out of the window, staring somewhat blankly at the car, child, and social worker. Alectriana could sort of see Belle's flaming hair in one of the front windows. Belle straightened up, shutting off a straightener to look outside, and an expression of joy crossed her face. She set down the straightener and beckoned someone in the back of the shop, running towards the door. Zoe and Elisabet, who she'd been told to call Ellie, dashed forward as well. Ellie bounced on her heels as Belle struggled with the door. Social Worker Lady smiled one of those insincere, this is my job smiles and led Alectriana forward.

     Alectriana's breathing increased and her vision blurred - this was it, she was finally out of the orphanage. Becki was jealous, but she'd given her best friend a goodbye present - a tiny toy piano that Alectriana had named Emphesyma. Clutching the piano tightly to her chest, Alectriana stepped forward to her new mothers and her new sister. Belle smiled, and actually cried a little as she leaned forward to hug the poor girl.

     "Alec," she whispered. "You're home."



© 2009 loserface mcgee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i love the gay moms, thats awsome! great start!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 11, 2009
Last Updated on March 13, 2009


Author

loserface mcgee
loserface mcgee

st. louis, MO



About
ohai. hi i'm boots and i think you're neat. i'm basically a mood swing on legs. i like my mouse, i like my friends, and i reaaaaaally like my music. i'm a huge nerd and i like you. (: more..

Writing