Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Rosalie Santerino
"

The story must start at the beginning ... but first we must go beyond the start.

"

There once was a girl was bought up at her mother’s salon. Her mother brought her in the day she went back to work from maternity leave and every day after that. She started putting her to use as soon as she was old enough to walk. She started working there as soon as she could. It was perfect for a few years, just her mum and her.


But everything went wrong when she turned sixteen.


It all happened in that year. Her mother died, Her Father was given the salon, he re-married, and the girl fell pregnant. She had always been a good girl but somehow she ended up getting pregnant anyhow. She always said she was not making excuses or trying to sound stupid but every part of that time is just a blur and she really did not remember the details of how it happened.


When asked much later she blamed the hormones for what finally happened. No-one’s know exactly what caused it and what made her snap. All that was reported at the time was the fact Mr Santerino was planning on shutting down the salon and selling it onto someone else. Most of the people that knew the girl protested there must be something more than that. But nothing else was ever said by either her or her Father. Even her step-mother gushed about how horrible life was for her ‘daughter’ but never mentioned any reason. But whatever caused it to happen, happen it did.


There came a point in the girls life when she knew everything about the story. She knew all the things she had not known while it was happening. She knew how everyone was thinking, what they were feeling, and how they meant to sound. She knew all this because she talked to everyone involved and they told her literally everything. It was at this stage, we shall not say how old she was, the girl decided that she had to write everything down and share her story with the world. Maybe because she could die any moment or maybe because she just wanted the truth to be told, whichever the reason that girl sat down and began to write.


That girl was me ... and this is my story.



© 2011 Rosalie Santerino


Author's Note

Rosalie Santerino
See note for book in general. That note applies to all chapters.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It sounds very...realistic and kind of mysterious.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
1 Review
Added on August 15, 2011
Last Updated on August 15, 2011


Author

Rosalie Santerino
Rosalie Santerino

Horseheath, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom



About
I spend ninty percent of my time writing. The rest of the time I spend thinking about writing while I do other things. I have been published before but I want to one day, when I am finished with all t.. more..

Writing
I have. I have.

A Chapter by Rosalie Santerino