A LONG-FORGOTTEN TUNE

A LONG-FORGOTTEN TUNE

A Poem by Boris

                   A long-forgotten tune

                   Was it in a dream
                   that I heard it
                   last? 

                   A face of a stranger
                   Why does it seem
                   so familiar, so dear
                   to me 
                   now?                  
                
                   Who was I before we met -
                   I cannot recall
               
                   I am afraid to contemplate the reality
                   that confronts me                   
                   full force

                   I am afraid to accept the reality
                   of reality

                 
                   I felt it coming
 
 
                   The overpowering scent 
                   carried
                   from the days of tomorrow 
                   by the omnipotent wind of intuition                        
 
                   Enveloped in and drowned
                   by feelings that I cannot comprehend

                   I think we have met before
                   in a dream from my childhood
                   in that faraway land
 

© 2008 Boris


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oooh! Mystical! I like it. ^^ It really makes you think, usually about things that don't even matter any more. :) Nicely done!

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

Posted 16 Years Ago


Interesting.
I've yet to come across a work of yours that is not unique.
Unfortunately, everything else i'd have liked to say has already been said by others.
You capture a common topic and describe it so beautifully, using a unique selection of words.

I'm in awe.

Yrs.

Azaradelle.

Posted 16 Years Ago


This reminds me of De ja vu, knowing that you've heard or done something before but not realizing when or where from...
and also as justjenn_2u said, the soul mate comparison would fit nicely. Sometimes i see a person and i feel like i know them , or that I've seen them before, yet i never have.
and as you said about music in the poem, that it seems like it's speaking only to you,effecting only you, i feel that way often. feelings like these are strange and wonderful, and you expressed them well in this poem.
-sara :-)

Posted 16 Years Ago


For some reason, this poem makes me think of soul mates. That once in a lifetime chance that can be taken or never found again. I feel like you are speaking of the subconscious mind in this. Very intriguing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


in a dream from my childhood
in that faraway land

it is hard to recall. those time we were so full of energy and wonder. nice poem.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Nice...i really like the stanza//The overpowering scent / carried / from the days of tomorrow / by the omnipotent wind of intuition/...very nice. Ciao

Posted 16 Years Ago


I think the "one" will be very pleased.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Very different than the other pieces i have read from you. One day i am going to tackle a piece about love and the philosophical aspects behind it... one day... Anyways, back to the poem. Well, you have accomplished what few have, there is nothing i feel that needs tweaking. Unfortunately, i never have much to say on the subject of poetry concerning love. Cliches are cliche for a reason, but everything to say about is has already been said. So aside from content, you have written a poem with striking images, great use of language, and wonderful flow. So there is not too much else to say, i usually like to tear people's work apart a little more, but there is not much to tear with this one, and i commend you on that =)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

such strong feeling lved it again :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very sweet touching poem. I think its something we all quietly dare to hope for. Thank you for posting it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

685 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 28, 2008

Author

Boris
Boris

Melbourne, Australia



About
My life-long ambition is to become a child prodigy when I grow up. I have but one humble aim - to change the very fabric of space-time itself. My hobbies in my spare time include conducting my o.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..