Simplicity

Simplicity

A Poem by lots fo love ♥
"

Is anything really...simple?

"

The simple things in life are the ones i enjoy the most. Short sweet and simple is the way I like things to be. But truley nothing is really simple. Even the word. Simplicity. How do you know the meaning? This word has ten letters. Four sylibles. This is a big word for such a.... well simple meaning. But then again what is the meaning of simple? If you look at the definition you can break that down and then that you can break down and so on until who knows when? Some people think a reflection is a simple thing. But how is it simple if you are actully seeing something behind you without turning around? Flowers are simple things aren't they? Even the way in how they are not truely living, yet they are. Right? And the way they know how to open to the world in the morning and hide away at night without a brain or program. So let me ask you this.

 

Is anything really.....simple?

© 2009 lots fo love ♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Good Question! I have enjoyed reading this thought provoking piece.
I have a few suggestions/corrections:

"But (truley) nothing is really simple." ~ truly
"Four (sylibles)" ~ syllables
"But how (if) it simple..." ~ how (is) it
"they are not (truely) living, yet they are" ~ truly

Nice job! Thank you for sharing!


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

That is soo deep.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I rather like the topic of this poem. Most wish for simplicity however, very rarely can anything be found that is simople. To many things have a deeper hidden side, a darker side. Our world is full of complicated. Over all the poem is good. There are a few flow issues due to grammer mistakes, or word choice that takes away from the poem itself some. I would suffest reviewing both the grammer and word choice within the piece. Excellent work, nicely done overall.

~Arsenic

Posted 15 Years Ago


Great thinking piece. These are my favorite pieces. Great job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I definitely agree with this and can relate.
I often find myself wondering the same thing while looking in a mirror or some other seemingly simple thing. Things can be extremely straight forward but lack simplicity.
One can easily interpret what is behind them from a reflection, but if you think about explaining it to someone....*shiver*. A flower's needs are few, but you can spend endless time discussing why and how they need those things.
I could go on and on with examples.

I do think there are simple things, but they are not tangible. Love, faith, friendship, reasons, those can be simple things.
We can elaborate for our whole lifetime on situations of such and parts of them, but when it comes down to feeling some things, you just know it and can tell it in a short sentence. Like you said, the things you enjoy can be simple, for that reason, that you enjoy them.

There is so much to discuss about simplicity, that once we figure out what it is or if it exists, we won't have the time or energy for anything else!

I really like this. It is very thought-provoking (is that a good thing if you're talking about simplicity?), contradictory, and well-written.
Thank you for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I loved ;thos piece and I do not thing anthing is simple

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love this, it brings up interesting points and especially the last line. Is anything really simple? Besides having dumb luck I guess nothing worthwhile is too simple. I see that Wicahpi has already corrected the little grammar errors I saw so i'll skip that. Nice job good portrayal of thoughts :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


LOL I had never thought of how complexed simple things were. Really great read. It opens the mind and imagination great work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Nice work, and though provoking. There are a number of typos, however, that distract. "i" instead of "I". "truley" instead of "truly." "sylibles" instead of syllable. "But how if it simple" instead of "But how IS it simple."

Thanks for sharing.



Posted 15 Years Ago


This simple poem was neither simple, nor overly complex, yet in a contradictory manner to the title and the ending, it was of average difficulty or complexity. It reads very well, and shows an intellect which his given observation to the simple things in life, expressed in a simple yet honest way. Your observation on the life of flowers, how they have a degree of life, yet not the life of animals, or even humans, was a good observation. Perhaps, in the life of flowers, we have the simple life at its most charming and beautiful. Drinking their water, enjoying their sun, and letting life be - with no need for thinking with such a complex machine as a human brain. Yes, flowers enjoy the simple life. Of course, in response to your final question, I will answer with this question - 'What is the meaning of Life????' Now is that simple??? Overall a very entertaining read. Well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


A most thought provoking piece~

nicely expressed and well penned

THanks for sharing~Fran Marie



Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 29, 2008
Last Updated on March 17, 2009

Author

lots fo love ♥
lots fo love ♥

NJ



About
uuh i like neon colors, skinny jeans, photography, guys with long eyelashes, black hair, ipod, s green monsters, daydreamin, tyedye jeans, nerdy glasses, black and white pictures, scary movies, black .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..