The Girl From Nantucket.

The Girl From Nantucket.

A Poem by Julia

There once was a girl from Nantucket…

Who wanted to pour her heart in a bucket.

And give it to the boy she loved most.

But that boy was just a ghost.

He could not grab this bucket she held.
But his name is the only thing she yelled.
He came when she called.
His appearance never stalled.

She tried to touch him, but her finger went right through.
She wanted to hold him, but didn’t know how to.
With a tear down her face, she managed to speak
Her hands were shaking as was very weak.

“I don’t know how to love you with such a veil,
But I poured my heart into this pail.”
She breathed her last breath, and left her host.
This is the story of the girl who loved a ghost.

© 2010 Julia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

there are parts of this that are really great - e.g. the last verse, which is beautiful and has a great flow. The rest of it, with a little "tweaking" could be just as good, if you adjust some of the words so that the syllables and therefore the rhythms are slightly different, creating a better flow... but apart from that, great work, the rhymes are good (which is hard to do :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was a great tale, using a well know rhyming scheme. I liked the images that you invoked and the emotions of the girls need to share her love with the ghost.

A really wonderfully cute piece of ink!

Wolfie

Posted 14 Years Ago


amazing a grate write well done

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a great write. I like how your poem rimes. It has a lot of emotion witch makes it even the more greater. thanks for sharing. Keep on writing!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is an interesting and quirky piece that you have written. I enjoyed the storyline this poem followed.

My advice would be to stick to poetry. Read more poetry inorder to write better, and absorb yourself with fresh images.

Keep it up

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
xXx
if this is true to your heart .. refocus on the imagery and take more time in chosing the words to describe .. what is she "pouring" FROM her heart into this bucket?

last line is a given from lines above .. you are trying to say something important so say it, don't restrict yourself from using any words in the dictionary or beyond.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's an interesting form of limerick, which is both simple and with a sense of innocence to it. I get this sense of elusiveness in the poem, which of course could account for that ghost-like theme you reveal at the end.

Posted 14 Years Ago


there are parts of this that are really great - e.g. the last verse, which is beautiful and has a great flow. The rest of it, with a little "tweaking" could be just as good, if you adjust some of the words so that the syllables and therefore the rhythms are slightly different, creating a better flow... but apart from that, great work, the rhymes are good (which is hard to do :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 11, 2010
Last Updated on January 11, 2010

Author

Julia
Julia

Columbus, GA



About
I'm Julia Aleece Watson. I'm fifteen, and I'm a hopeless romantic. I write novels and I never finish them. more..

Writing
Stars. Stars.

A Poem by Julia


Demons. Demons.

A Story by Julia