Rainy Days.

Rainy Days.

A Poem by breakthebrokenone
"

Currently, I am laying in bed at 10AM. It is raining and I thought I would just start typing and see where it takes me with memories. Enjoy and make sure to follow my writing and review :)

"
Rainy days were always my favourite. 
The beating of the heavy droplets on the tin roof of my garage always allured me and put me at ease. 
I would curl up in a warm shaggy blanket and let the sounds soothe me and put me to sleep. 

The fire roaring to life to heat up the long, dark hallways would crackle and it would sound like an orchestral symphony playing in time and harmonious melodies would be like a hug from my father when I was a child, scared of what the world had in store. 

The rain would press on, getting more ferocious, and we would wonder if it was the beginning of a storm. 
The candles would be lit and the atmosphere would change. You would be relaxed and comforted, as if you were being wrapped up and held by mother as a baby.

The jug would start hissing and steaming and the smell of cocoa would linger to your nose, making you long for the warmth travelling down your throat to warm your insides. 

Little marshmallows of various colours would merge and melt into the cocoa, becoming one. The taste like ecstasy. One sip and you were hooked. The heat penetrating your throat and stomach and matching the temperature of your skin. 

Thunder starts rolling around and startles you. But the flickering fire is louder, and protects you. As if to say "Child, I am here. I will keep the storms at bay. You will be okay." So you bury yourself deeper into the safety of your blanket. 

Your book would fall out of your hands and land on the couch, and your eyes would drift off to the land of slumber. 

All on a rainy day. 

© 2017 breakthebrokenone


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on July 20, 2017
Last Updated on July 20, 2017
Tags: rain, winter, short story

Author

breakthebrokenone
breakthebrokenone

christchurch, canterbury, New Zealand



About
I am 21. I would love to hear what my fellow poets think of my work. I post new work every second day. I have tattoos and love Leonard Cohen and Sylvia Plath. I listen to a lot of Lana Del Rey and I w.. more..

Writing