Fake love

Fake love

A Poem by breakthebrokenone

I wake up every morning with you by my side. 
After a night of passion and intimacy, it seems redundant to fake love the morning after. 
I'll carry my shoes in my hands, not like I need to carry dignity anymore. 
Your family sees me with my "f**k me" hair and makeup strewn over my face with no regard to how I feel or how my reputation will be slaughtered like last nights roast beef. 

We are in an age of fake love. 
Where you lead me astray, where you act like you care at night, just to get some action because every other girl knows what you're like. 
I am yesterdays news which has been thrown into the fire to keep your female counterpart warm while you drown her body in cheap wine. She feels classy, like the most wanted harlot in town. She's just an option.

Somewhere I think she resembles me. She wants love and to feel needed. 
She does not want to be lonely, but she's already alone in the relationship she's in. 
The other woman is me. Absorbed in a nonchalant fake love. 
I don't know whether I would be happier waking up alone in the morning, or next to you.. 

What does it all mean? Being in fake love. 
We ignore each other in the streets, but act like long lost lovers in the night when it's just us.
We love to love the fake love.. and all the perks that come with it. 

© 2017 breakthebrokenone


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very heartfelt, with all the players well described. I feel all of what you have written here, with sympathy toward all, and empathy for the one. Very well written, in this day of fake love!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 25, 2017
Last Updated on July 25, 2017

Author

breakthebrokenone
breakthebrokenone

christchurch, canterbury, New Zealand



About
I am 21. I would love to hear what my fellow poets think of my work. I post new work every second day. I have tattoos and love Leonard Cohen and Sylvia Plath. I listen to a lot of Lana Del Rey and I w.. more..

Writing