He Is More

He Is More

A Poem by breakthebrokenone

He is more than just a man.
He is the light at the end of the tunnel when you feel like there is no ending to your despair. 
He is the strength that makes me continue fighting what seems like a relentless struggle. 
He is more than just a man. 
He is the one who makes me whole, even though I am complete on my own. 
He takes my pain as his own and has seen me lose hope in the dim hours of the morning when I cannot take the burden of living. 
He holds my hand and makes me continue on this intrepid journey together that we call life. 
He is the fundamental part of my mind which brings me clarity. 
He is the calm in my chaos when I am trapped in my mind and unable to function.

He is more than just a man.
He is soft to the touch but looks rough as stone. 
His past is scattered and blurred from heartache.
He holds himself high as a skyscraper littering the sky line of Dubai. 
He makes me weak and makes me shiver when he brushes his lips along my neck, whispering secrets no one else can dare to know. 
He is more than a man. 
He is my anchor. 

© 2017 breakthebrokenone


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
Added on July 25, 2017
Last Updated on July 25, 2017

Author

breakthebrokenone
breakthebrokenone

christchurch, canterbury, New Zealand



About
I am 21. I would love to hear what my fellow poets think of my work. I post new work every second day. I have tattoos and love Leonard Cohen and Sylvia Plath. I listen to a lot of Lana Del Rey and I w.. more..

Writing