[untitled]

[untitled]

A Chapter by B. Lapinski

I always play these scenarios out in my head. These long drawn out mental skits of love and the perfect woman. I’ve been writing these garbage romance novels for far too long now. Every two years or so I have yet another best seller and it draws me closer to insanity. The fan mail pours in and it’s always the same damn thing, same damn questions. My responses never change, so I guess it’s always the same damn answers. I started writing these books when I was about twenty-six years old. I even have a wonderful pen name, “Vincent Valencia”. Well my real name is Jonah Stall, which I believe is a much better pen name than Vincent Valencia, it’s also better suited for me. My agent, Patty, told me to use a sexy name and Vincent was born. I honestly don’t know what the hell I was thinking, but maybe it is catchy enough to sell some books. If not, it at least helps.

I actually fell into writing romance novels. I can start off by saying that it was a cold and in windy day somewhere in Chicago, but it wasn’t. It wasn’t even in Chicago. In fact it wasn’t even in the United States. I was vacationing on the outskirts of Lima, Peru. There’s this little town outside the ruins, absolutely beautiful. Well anyhow, I was watching the sun go down over the temples. Everything went at half speed. I felt more alone at that moment than I have ever felt before. The sun turned shadows into figures. All they did was hold onto each other. They kissed with a passion that does not yet exist in humankind. The shadows rolled on dirt; they danced on the grass and bled slowly into the night.

I sat there in recollection of my own life. I wanted that. I wanted to have a love so strong that it was unattainable. Those shadows hit me with story after story of the same old loneliness. They still do. They come back every now and again in the form of a new novel. I am tired of writing about that sorrow that fear. I have been writing about love for so long now that it has become unattainable.



© 2008 B. Lapinski


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


WOW!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Okay, my first comment would be that this needs a title. Don't know why, but it helps "organize" what I'm expecting, I guess. Second, I think this chapter should be first. The other one you posted is good, to be sure, but this is such a GREAT introduction. So far, we've got a character name, his irreverent and slightly humorous personality are already apparent and we already know that he's a romance novel writer who loathes his work. Is that going to change? Is he going to find that unattainable love? Is he going to get dragged into something completely different? Maybe an adventure or a mystery?

The character is already rich, funny and likeable. I want this novel to be written! Please keep going.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 28, 2008


Author

B. Lapinski
B. Lapinski

Mt Top, PA



About
i'm a wanna be poet, with synthetic words. Everything on this page is water soluble. I wish you could see my ink. It is blue, feathered and dreamy, leaking tar and setting everything on fire .mcrmeeb.. more..

Writing
----- -----

A Poem by B. Lapinski



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..