the reconnection

the reconnection

A Story by brigid
"

another subject given at my local writers group

"

the reconnection….writers group…29.11.2011

all May could remember of her very early childhood was a sense of being bathed in bright light, and restriction.

the smell of clean,

and the gentle voices in her ear whispering those sweet melodious words of encouragement and calm.

then the pain

the separation...

 

and then nothing,

til her awareness of being part of a family some time later; 2 sisters and a brother, all older than her.

she felt her place was somehow special in this group of noisy rebellious, but much loved children.

her parents seemed to be the average owners of much talent and precociousness,

yet she always wondered about the differences between herself and her siblings. it was not a tangible thing, more a sense of not being part of their gene pool for her emotional balance. a bit inexplicable really, so she had placed it into the deeper recesses of her mind, for her attention later on.

it unnerved her at times how vulnerable she felt when she was alone, not feeling that her existence was fully justified by living singly.

as an adult she was always searching for the perfect partner who,

til now, had remained elusive.

she certainly had received more than what she considered was her fair share of heartache and unreciprocated love, for her 33 years on this planet.

where was mr so called right?

stretched out now on the crisp, cool, clean sheets in this anonymous and very posh hotel she strangely felt such connectedness, such calm.

it felt as if her life mattered and there was a sense of deep belonging, finally.

the early morning sun gently started to light the room giving it a soft incandescence, the residual heat from their passionate lovemaking still lingering in the balmy air.

May felt the warmth of his hand tenderly caress her shoulder, and then gently trace the pattern of her spine downwards until he reached a soft fine line of scar at her hips. he was startled, as if finding this for the first time .

she remembered that she had found an identical scar last night on his opposite hip but was so caught up in their passion she thought no more about it,

until now….

© 2012 brigid


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's interesting and brings a strong ending. I think this is meant to be a much longer story, you cover so much time in such a short description. Great story, I think you should expand on it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


hi. this is not printed in the way i originally wrote it but will do i guess.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 12, 2012
Last Updated on April 12, 2012

Author

brigid
brigid

sunshine coast, queensland, Australia



About
hello, i cant believe it's been 7 long years since i was last here ...where has the time gone? not much poetry written in this gap but hopefully inspiration will strike again. best wishes to all my .. more..

Writing
the mark the mark

A Poem by brigid


my bed lies my bed lies

A Poem by brigid