Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by brittneylynn
"

And the trial begins.

"

"Rayna Westbrook, on behalf of the heavens and all who populate it, we declare your place as one of God's Angel's exempt." Those words were the last words I thought I'd hear. My face instantly fell and my thoughts went haywire. What were they going to do with me?

"As for your punishment, you will be temporarily banned from the heavens without any contact, to or from, for a time frame of four human years. Given your age, you will attend a High School of our choosing and a form of shelter. You will be expected to work and pay for your own necessities and eventually you will need a form of transportation. You have exactly two days to get your things together and to say goodbye to loved ones. Your wings will be temporarily removed, unless you decide to stay and fulfill a human life. The decisions we have made are permanent, do you have any questions?"

I looked over my shoulder. My best friend Kara was biting her lip, a tear escaping her eye. She knew exactly what was going to happen, and I didn't believe her. My mind trailed back to our earlier conversation.

"It's inevitable, Rayna. You defied God's Angel's. It's only logical that you'll be sent to earth. You're too young for any other type of punishment." Her tone was low, and I detected a bit of sympathy as well.

"What I did wasn't that bad, Kara. I talked to a Fallen Angel for what, five minutes? I mean, that's not too bad. Right?" Even as I said it, I knew it was a lie. Talking to Fallen Angels was forbidden, and even I knew that.

"Just, don't expect them to take it easy on you. This hasn't happened in decades. I'm not sure how they'll react. I want you to admit what you did, don't try to lie. If they try to send you away, bargain with them. You'll fulfill your years on earth, but ask to bring someone with you. Ask to bring me." She spoke fast, almost as if she was scared I'd cut her off. Which I should have. Nobody deserved to get their wings taken, especially Kara. A harsh sigh slipped from my lips, and I glared at her.

"This is my problem, my punishment. You aren't going to risk losing your wings as well because of my mistake. It's not happening." I spoke slowly, as to to make sure she understood every word clearly.

"What if I wouldn't lose my wings?" Her words stopped me in my tracks. The only Angels that step foot on earth with their wings still intact, serve as Guardian Angels.

"You want to be my Guardian Angel? Will they even allow that? And if they do, four years is a long time Kara. Is it really worth it to you?"

"Don't be silly, Rayna. You're practically my sister. I would do anything for you. I have nothing to lose. You're going to go in there, plead guilty, and ask to have me as your guardian Angel."

"Miss Westbrook?" I shook my head slightly, and gave my best friend a small smile of encouragement. "Any questions before we depart?" I turned my gaze to the head Angel and spoke softly and clearly.

"I have one statement, sir. I would like to have Kara Marshall by my side, serving as my Guardian Angel." His face took on a bit of surprise, and he looked to both sides of him at his fellow Angel's.

"Well, uh, that's not entirely up to us. We'd have to have the approval from Miss Marshall, as well as the rest of God's Angel's. Miss Marshall, will you step forward?" He asked, almost as if hoping she'd say no. Kara stood and walked gracefully towards the Head Angel. She stood only feet before him, waiting for him to speak.

"Miss Marshall, it seems that Miss Westbrook here needs a Guardian Angel and she volunteered you. I would like to hear your input as well as what you plan on doing with your time on earth before any of us can make a decision." He waved his hand forward, gesturing towards an empty chair. Kara took a few steps back and sat, clearing her throat.

"Head Angel, Mr. Pierce. I have decided that my friend's life, as well as reputation with the heavens and God's Angel's, is very important to me. All I ask is that you let me accompany her to earth, my wings still intact, to watch over her as her Guardian Angel. As for what I plan on doing over the four year interval, is quite simple. I will attend the same high school as she, and reside in the same form of shelter you supply for her. I as well, will work and pay for my necessities and eventually get a form of transportation. I won't speak a word of our kind, as well as Fallen Angel's. I will appear as a normal person, as a normal teenage girl." The Head Angel looked from me to Kara, and then back at me. He whispered something to the Angel next to him, and then stood.

"We will have our decision by tomorrow afternoon. A letter will be sent to your place with our answer, and in two days, you will leave with or without Miss Marshall." He put one hand in the air. "As one of God's Angels, I declare this case closed."

All of the Angels left the room in a single file line. As soon as they were gone, I stood as well, glancing at Kara. Although I was excited that I got to share my time on earth with my best friend, I couldn't help but feel a little bad for putting her in this position in the first place.

Kara. I'm sorry. I didn't want you to have to go through this with me. But if it make the situation better, I feel a lot safer going to earth with the best Guardian Angel, ever.” I put on as real of a smile as I could get, and draped my arms around her shoulders, enfolding her in a hug. “I couldn't ask for a better friend, Kara.”

Her arms slid around me, embracing me in a friendly hug. “No problem, love.” She lowered her voice to a whisper, and said, “We're going to kick a*s on earth anyways!”'

The rest of the day seemed to go on in a drag. Any way my thoughts went, they always seemed to end up at the trial. Was it really that hard to send a fellow Angel to earth with a Guardian Angel? I was obviously going to come back, so what does it hurt, sending me with protection? Kara on the other hand, seemed way too happy. Confident even. Then again, she wasn't the one who just got banned to earth, without her wings.



© 2012 brittneylynn


Author's Note

brittneylynn
I'm aware that it isn't very long. This is a story I'm trying to work with, but I need feedback and criticism to know where me and this story stand. What do you guys think, so far?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

To be honest, it's not the type of story I would typically read (then again, I don't typically read anything), but I would definitely give it a go based on what you have here.

What you have here shows promise, but there are several things which should be corrected (the most notable being that the friend's name changed from "Kara" to "Kate" towards the end). I don't want to discourage you from writing, or appear too negative, so I'll keep my critique to myself unless you request otherwise.

Again, this does show promise, and I think you should continue with it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

brittneylynn

11 Years Ago

Thank you for telling me that! I've been reading a book lately, and the main character's name is Kat.. read more
brittneylynn

11 Years Ago

And I would love to hear your critique. It won't discourage me, it'll make me understand the things .. read more



Reviews

I thought it was awesome!! I want to come back to it though if possible. You threw me off with the "Epilogue" thing, 'cause that comes AFTER a story is written to explain what happened or tell the future of the characters involved. I am almost done my "The Prophecy" movie watching and found this story to be freakin' perfect timing!! lol I think you did a great job in designing the characters, so we get to empathize and find that need to understand them. Pretty brave tackling a subject like this. For me, age 5 to like 14 was just reading horror stories, dictionaries, and books on Mythology.... I'm not sure I would have been able to do what you have managed to do in this story. Very nice, brittneylynn!! xoxo -Mark

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Patrick Henry

11 Years Ago

I'm a moth to the flame... moth to the flame.... moth to the flame!! lol I'm always checking in to s.. read more
brittneylynn

11 Years Ago

I've been extremely busy! I will be getting a new laptop from my parents so I'll definitely be writi.. read more
Patrick Henry

11 Years Ago

Brittneylynn, I LOVE waiting for you!! It reminds me you are on this site, and why it's fun to be he.. read more
To be honest, it's not the type of story I would typically read (then again, I don't typically read anything), but I would definitely give it a go based on what you have here.

What you have here shows promise, but there are several things which should be corrected (the most notable being that the friend's name changed from "Kara" to "Kate" towards the end). I don't want to discourage you from writing, or appear too negative, so I'll keep my critique to myself unless you request otherwise.

Again, this does show promise, and I think you should continue with it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

brittneylynn

11 Years Ago

Thank you for telling me that! I've been reading a book lately, and the main character's name is Kat.. read more
brittneylynn

11 Years Ago

And I would love to hear your critique. It won't discourage me, it'll make me understand the things .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 29, 2012
Last Updated on November 30, 2012
Tags: Fallen Angels, Guardian Angels, Heaven, God's Angel's


Author

brittneylynn
brittneylynn

San Tan Valley, AZ



About
My name is Brittney. I'll be 19 years old on December 26th. I'm not new to writing, but I've never shared any of the things I've written, with anyone. I'm more into writing stories, but I do write poe.. more..

Writing