no title yet

no title yet

A Story by -!katie!-
"

two best friends falling in love.. same old story.

"
Bailey Jacobs woke up with a start on the morning of the first day of school, realizing that her bus would arrive in approximately ten minutes. She jumped out of bed, knocking over the frame her best friend, Aden, had given her the previous Christmas. The picture of her and Aden sitting side by side, hands clasped as four year olds fell to the ground with a clash of breaking glass. Bailey sighed, exasperated. Why did these things always happen to her? She knew she would have to let it go for now and clean it up later. She rushed into the bathroom and hurriedly brushed her teeth and scrubbed her face. She raced back into her cramped bedroom and searched through the heaps of clothing for something even remotely sanitary. She found a vintage Beatles tank at the bottom of one of the mounds, sniffed it for cleanliness, and pulled it on. She found a pair of baggy cargos in the corner and put those on as well. She tugged on her ratty Converse Chuck Taylors and grabbed her distressed jean jacket and her board on the way out the door. As she sprinted for her bus stop, she heard Aden�s voice behind her.
�Hey, Bailey, Wait up!� it called. Realizing that the bus must not be here yet if Aden was behind her, she stopped, turned around and tentatively waved to her shaggy-haired best friend. Aden was tall, around 6� 1��, with bright blue eyes. His blonde hair was always a mess, but it had this �I�m to cool to care� look to it. It hung down over his eyes and constantly gave the impression he just rolled out of bed. As Aden caught up with Bailey, he rolled his vivid blue eyes. �Now, now Bailey, I thought we talked about sleeping in,� he said in his fake disciplinary voice reminding Bailey vaguely of their English teacher, as he raised his eyebrows and shook his finger. Bailey just shook her head.
�Can you really tell? Do I seriously look that bad, Aden?� she asked, frustrated. Aden smiled and then sighed.
�No you look fine. Now let�s go before we miss the bus. I�ll race you!� he said as he started sprinting to the crowd of bodies at the top of the hill marking their bus stop. Bailey didn�t have the energy or the drive to race her super athletic friend, but she jogged half heartedly after him. Their bus pulled up just as they reached the stop, and Bailey, out of breath climbed up the steps and sank into the seat next to Aden. They chatted easily about the marathon of their favorite sci-fi that had been on the night before. This was probably the cause of Bailey�s lateness. Aden was always on time, so even if he did stay up, of course he was still prompt the next morning. As they were getting off the bus Aden�s friend, Kyle came up and slapped Aden on the back.
�Hey man, how was your summer?� Kyle babbled in his usual obnoxious tone, �You want to come skating with me and the rest of the guys today?� Aden cast a nervous look at Bailey. She knew he was thinking the same thing as her. THEY had plans to skate today. Aden looked once more at Kyle, then back to Bailey, and then as if deciding something he looked back at Kyle.
�Um, okay, sure, As long as I can bring Bailey,� he said and Kyle looked taken aback for a moment at the prospect of a girl intruding on their skating, but he agreed and moved on to another group of friends with a new round of �hey�s� and �how was your summer�s�.
        Bailey went through the day feeling kind of nervous about the skating thing. Why had Aden done that? They could go skating together any time. She didn�t care if he went with his other friends. Plus, she already had to endure enough torment from the guys at the skate park. They just didn�t understand she could skate too, just because she was a girl.
        When they arrived at the park, Kyle and a bunch of other guys with beat up skateboards and most with long, messy hair joined them at the entrance. A mumble of �hey dude� came from the huddle of boys and they all glance apprehensively at Bailey�s baggy cargos and the Beatles shirt she had selected from the pile in her room that morning.
One of the shorter, stockier ones from the bunch blurted �Dude, what�s up with the girl?� Aden looked disgusted at this guy�s bluntness.
�She�s here to skate,� he said menacingly. Another boy, whom Bailey knew as Damien, stepped up, looking peeved.
�Who do you think you are, bringing your girlfriend to skate with you?� he said with the annoyance showing in his voice. Aden looked furious.
�She�s not my girlfriend!� he screamed as his face turned a vibrant shade of red. Bailey was amazed. She couldn�t believe Aden was sticking up for her like this. She also never noticed how cute Aden was when he blushed, but she pushed that thought to the very back of her head.
�It�s okay Aden, chill. I can just watch if it bothers them so much,� she said, her voice shaking. Aden looked defiant and determined.
�No! It�s not okay!� he said with scorn in his voice. He grabbed her by the wrist and dragged her back away from the park. Her heart fluttered at his touch.
�Whoa, this is Aden, your best friend we�re talking about!� the voice inside Bailey�s head told her.
�If she doesn�t skate, neither do I,� Aden yelled behind them. When they got far enough away from the park Aden stopped, looking as if he might explode, let go of Bailey�s wrist, and sat down on the curb. Bailey really had no idea what to say. Aden looked up at Bailey�s stricken face. His clear blue eyes intense, the vain in his neck popping, he spoke slowly and his voice shook with anger.
�They had no right to say any of that,� he said, hatred etched in his tone. Bailey was still so shocked and perplexed about what had just happened that it took her a moment to reply. �You didn�t have to stick up for me like that,� she said soothingly. Aden just looked back at the ground his unkempt hair over his face. Bailey didn�t know what to say or do. She didn�t understand why he was so upset over this. The guys always made fun of her. He had never said anything before. Why? None of this made any sense whatsoever to Bailey, but all she knew, was that she had to make Aden feel better.
After a couple minutes of silence Bailey abruptly yelled �Hey Aden! Race you home!� and she sprinted in the direction of their street. Aden, being the competitive person that he is, could not give up a chance to beat Bailey at yet another athletic activity. He caught up with her almost immediately and they ran side by side laughing and joking all the way back to Bailey�s.
        They made their way up the back steps pushing each other and still hysterical with laughter. Bailey took the spare key from under the welcome mat and pushed open the door that lead into the kitchen. She threw her muddy shoes off to the side and Aden did the same. He stumbled onto one of the breakfast stools, gulping for air. Bailey staggered over to the refrigerator, grabbed two waters and tossed one to Aden who caught it and immediately popped off the cap and took a long gulp. Bailey took the stool next to him, still laughing feebly and breathing deeply. For a while, they just sat there, the sound of their heavy breathing filling the room. Bailey sat perched on the stool, thinking about all that had happened that day. Aden seemed to have changed a lot over the summer, and she all of the sudden seemed to feel different about him. She didn�t know how, or why, but she did. She had never felt this way about a boy before, especially not about Aden. They had always been close, and able to joke around, but now somehow, he just made her happy. It seemed it was as more than her best friend suddenly. This kind of scared Bailey, but she couldn�t ignore her feelings, could she? She looked over at him and his powerful smile was all she saw. She suddenly realized how close they were sitting, and that Aden was looking at her, not only with a smile but with a look of longing in his eyes. Aden leaned in a bit closer and looked up into her eyes.
        �Was this really happening?� Bailey thought to herself. She couldn�t believe that she could have feelings for Aden, the guy next door, the guy, who she had never even considered to be a �guy�. He had always just been her friend, her close, really good friend. She had never even thought of being more than friends with Aden, but yet there they sat, less than two inches apart, gazing into each other�s eyes. Bailey really didn�t think that this was something �just friends� regularly did. Then, suddenly Aden started leaning in closer and closer. Bailey prepared herself. She didn�t have a lot of experience in this area, not a lot at all. Just as Aden�s lips met hers, the front door was thrown open and Bailey�s mom, Lisa�s voice rang through the house, �Bailey! I�m home! Come help unload the groceries!� Aden was so surprised at the sudden disruption that he fell backwards off the stool and landed on his back under the island. Bailey was just as startled, but she was more disappointed than anything else. Aden was still on the ground when Lisa walked into the kitchen demanding help with the brown paper bags she was carrying.
         �Oh hello Aden!� she chimed cheerily immediately shifting her attitude noticing that they had company, �What are you doing on the ground?� Aden got up and dusted himself off.
        �Oh, I fell. I�m such a klutz,� Aden lied,� Well, I better get home, Bailey. I�ll call you later.� He flashed his gorgeous smiled, waved akwardly at Bailey, then at Lisa and dashed to the front door.
        After Aden left Lisa turned to Bailey. �That Aden is nice boy,� she said, �strange--but nice.�
        �I know mom,� Bailey said rolling her eyes. Bailey knew exactly what was coming. Her mom was always on her case about boys and dating. She knew that her mom really, really wanted her to have a boyfriend. It�s not that Bailey didn�t want one; it�s just that she hadn�t really found anyone that she liked.
        �You should date him,� said Lisa smiling encouragingly.
        There it was.
        �Me and Aden are just friends mom � I think�� Bailey replied dully.
        �Okay, if you say so hun,� Lisa said, disappointed.
        Later that night Bailey was sitting in her bedroom watching re-runs of Full House and munching on buttery popcorn when her mom hollered up the stairs excitedly, �BAILEY! PHONE! It�s Aden.�
        Bailey�s heart skipped a beat. She never used to get this excited about Aden�s phone calls before. He called her all the time, and it was never a big deal. They always had something to talk about and if not, they could talk for hours about nothing. They just knew each other well enough and were so comfortable together. What was going on with her? She dashed down stairs, took a deep breath, grabbed the phone from her mom, and quickly said, �Hello?�
        Aden�s voice came at the other end of the phone, �Hey, Bailey. Whatcha up to?�
        �Nothing really, just watching my Full House re-runs.� Bailey laughed nervously. She heard Aden chuckle softly.
        �Yeah, sounds like you.�
What did he mean �sounds like you�? Is that a good thing or did he think she was a total dork? Bailey didn�t know, but she really wished that she knew what to say.
        �So about earlier�, �started Aden.
        �I�m really sorry about my mom,� Bailey interrupted.
        �No, don�t apologize. It�s fine.�
Did that mean that he hadn�t wanted to kiss her? Bailey was even more confused now. She had never had to analyze her best friend�s every word like this before. This was all so new and confusing.
        �Oh, um, okay,� she said, flustered.
        �Listen Bay,� Aden began.
He had called her Bay. Wow. He had always called her that, but Bailey had never realized how great it sounded. Why was she feeling like this?
        �I get it if you don�t want to be more than friends. I know you probably don�t like me like that, and I�m really sorry. I was stupid�
        �No�Aden�It wasn�t�.stupid,� Bailey said with all the confidence she could muster.
        �Does that mean you want to be�well�more than friends then?� he said with anticipation in his voice.
        Bailey took a deep breath in and followed her heart.
�Yes.�
        The next day Bailey got up and hour early. She spent an extra twenty minutes on her hair, and then threw on her favorite jeans and the nicest shirt she could find.
Bailey Jacobs has a boyfriend.
Bailey Jacobs has a boyfriend.
Bailey Jacobs has a boyfriend.
        She just kept running it through her head over and over. She couldn�t believe it. She was so excited but really nervous at the same time. She didn�t want to mess anything up. She wanted everything to be perfect. She vowed to herself that she would be the perfect girlfriend, starting with looking good for him.
        When she got to the bus stop � on time this morning � Aden had not arrived yet and Bailey�s stomach was full of tickling butterflies. She shifted her weight back and forth and fidgeted with the star necklace dangling around her neck. Aden had given it to her for her birthday one year. She never took it off.
        �Boo!� Aden screamed as he arrived from behind her, poking her in the side.
Bailey had to laugh. That was typical Aden. She tried her best to think of something witty to say.
        She came up with, �hey you,� and smiled.
        �That was brilliant,� the annoying voice in her head told her, sarcastically.
        Aden smiled back with that incredible smile. He had obviously tried to look his best today too, but then again Bailey would think that no matter how he looked. He wore baggy cargo shorts and a black long sleeved Hurley t-shirt rolled up to the elbows. He had obviously tried to gel his hair down but it still had that super cute �oh-so-messy� look to it. They stood there for a couple minutes silently smiling at each other until the bus pulled up. They got on and sat in their usual, shared seat. They were still grinning when Bailey�s other best friend, Regina, got on the bus and took her seat behind them.
        �What are you two so happy about?� she asked in her customary sarcastic, annoyed voice. Regina was about 5�4�� with short reddish brown hair down to her shoulders and thick rimmed glasses that made her look as intelligent as she was. Her brown eyes rolled behind them as Aden and Bailey just shrugged at her question.
        �Fine. whatever. Don�t tell me then,� she said as she got out her laptop and started tapping on it angrily.
        That was the one thing about Regina, she got mad easy and quick.
        �I�ll, er , tell you later, Reggie,� Bailey blurted trying to redeem herself.
        The bus stopped in front of the school and they all slung on their book bags as they got off. Bailey started walking and Aden was immediately in step with her. Suddenly, he held out his hand and looked at Bailey questioningly. She glanced at Regina, who looked perplexed. Bailey smiled agreeing, and Aden�s hand clasped around hers, their fingers interlocked. Bailey�s skin tingled at his soft, but tough hand against hers. This felt weird�good, but weird. Aden winked and they started off toward the building.
They walked into the school and immediately they got confused looks from everyone. It was a known fact that they were not going out. Everyone in their year knew that they had been friends forever and never anything more. There were hushed whispers of, �When did that happen?� from all the gossiping girls and by Bailey�s seventh period study hall exactly twenty-nine people had asked her what was going on with her and Aden. It felt great to tell people about them, but it was really hard to explain when they asked, �What changed?� Truthfully, she didn�t know. All of the sudden she had just felt different about him. She didn�t know why, all she knew is that she and Aden just felt right. He was right there in front of her all that time, but for some reason it has just never been like this.
That afternoon Aden had to stay late at school for basketball so it was just Regina and Bailey on the bus. Bailey smiled warmly at Reggie as she got on but all she got was a scowl back.
�What�s up?� Bailey, still cheerful, tried again.
�HAH! What�s up, What�s up� hmm maybe it�s that my supposed best friend has a boyfriend and didn�t even BOTHER to tell me!�
�Well, uh, I would have Reg, I promise. It�s just, I didn�t really have the chance,� pleaded Bailey.
�Sure.�
�Seriously, Reggie, c�mon, can we please not fight over this? I thought you�d be happy for me!� said Bailey. She hated fighting with people, Regina especially. Regina was the one who was supposed to be supportive, happy, and jumping up and down with joy at the fact that Bailey had a boyfriend, not the one against it!
Regina just took out a large novel and stuck her head into it, ignoring Bailey�s begging completely. Bailey was seriously depressed by that. Talk about killing a vibe. I mean, she was ecstatic about Aden and couldn�t stop smiling, but now all she wanted to do was cry. Why couldn�t Reggie be excited for her? When they got to Regina�s stop she got up and stopped at Bailey�s seat.
�Have fun with your new boyfriend, like oh my god you two are SO cute,� her sarcastic words stung at Bailey. She could feel the tears rising in her eyes. She didn�t know having a boyfriend could cause her friend to turn on her like this. It wasn�t fair. Friends are supposed to be compassionate and helpful. They aren�t supposed to put you down or make fun of you. What was Regina�s problem? She had never acted like this before, especially not about a guy. Maybe she was jealous because she and her boyfriend of two years, Todd, had just broken up, but that didn�t give her the right to get so mad at Bailey. Bailey had been there with Ben & Jerry�s ice cream, the one and only best comfort food for a broken heart, the minute Regina had told her about Todd and his �I think we�re better off as just friends� talk.
Bailey trudged down to her house slowly and sadly. When she got home she immediately raced up to her room and changed into her comfiest sweat pants. She didn�t feel like doing anything or talking to anyone, so she went to the computer and put an away message up on her screen name, and crawled into bed with her latest read. She only got a couple pages in before the main character reminded her of Reggie. She hated this. She couldn�t stand this. She grabbed her cell and speed dialed Regina. No pick up. Bailey knew that Reggie was constantly attached to her phone; she was probably ignoring her call. She decided to be bold and leave a message,� Hey Reg, its Bailey. I know you�re avoiding my call, but please, call me. We need to talk.�
Twenty minutes later Bailey�s phone was ringing. She looked at the caller ID and saw that it as Regina, so she picked it up and answered it in her nicest oh-please-forgive-me voice. Regina was not in a forgiving mood.
�What do you want?� she said, sounding irritated.
�I don�t understand why you�re mad at me!� wailed Bailey,� Listen, Reg, can you please just let this go? I really like Aden, and I don�t understand why you don�t want me to.�
�It�s not that I don�t want you to,� Bailey could tell she was cracking,� It�s just, when you to are off together, where am I going to go? We were always the three musketeers and now you and Aden will be off in your oh-so-adorable-lovey-dovey-world and I�ll have no one. �
�Oh, c�mon Reggie, you know it won�t be like that! We can still hang out a lot and whatever.�
�It won�t be the same,� she shot back,� and I don�t want to be friends with either of you anymore especially because you didn�t tell me. We�re over, done, through being friends!� The line went silent.
        Bailey could not believe what she had just heard. Regina had never said that before, and the worst was, that she actually sounded like she meant it! This was horrible, tragic, beyond awful. Bailey and Regina had always been friends, and when they fought, they made up. Bailey couldn�t stand the idea of living without Regina. There was nothing else to do, but cry.
        Bailey laid there for at least an hour crying her eyes out, when her phone went off again. She dived for the phone, thinking maybe it�s Regina calling to make everything better. She didn�t bother looking at the caller ID. She sniffed, and said, �Hello?�
        Instead of hearing Regina�s angry voice on the other end, she heard Aden�s concerned and caring one, �Oh my god, Bay, have you been crying? I�ll be right over. Don�t move.�
        �You don�t have t�� she began, but the line had already gone dead.
        Crap! She was in sweatpants and she was sure her mascara was running down her face everywhere. She had no time. Aden was at the door in what seemed like, less than a minute. She walked downstairs and opened the door. As soon as he came in, he grabbed her and pulled her towards the couch in the living room. He sat her down and then took a seat right next to her. He looked at her apprehensively with those big, blue eyes. They looked right into hers as he asked soothingly and slowly,� What�s wrong?�
        Bailey sniffed once again and looked at the ground, �Regina.�
        �What did she do?
        �She doesn�t want us to be together,� another tear rolling down her cheek, �she thinks she�ll be the third wheel, and we won�t want to hang out with her anymore. She said she doesn�t want to be either of our friends ever again.�
        �Aw, Bailey, I�m really sorry. I didn�t know she would freak on us for that. Do you want me to try to talk to her? I know how much she means to you.�
        �No, you don�t have to. You being here is helping a little bit,� she said looking up and smiling weakly.
        �Are you sure?� he asked with doubt in his voice.
        �Yeah, I�m sure.�
        Aden pulled her into a comforting hug, her head on his shoulder.
        God he smelled good. Bailey was supposed to be sad about Regina, but somehow Aden just being there, had made that all go away. Was that bad? Was that just what Regina was saying? Bailey�s head felt like it was going to burst already, it was so mixed up. Aden pulled her back so they were looking into each other�s eyes and then suddenly her problems were melted away.
        He kissed her.
        Bailey�s brain was buzzing. His lips were soft and light against hers. Bailey had no experience at all, but she thought that was a good thing. They stayed like that for seconds, or minutes. Bailey didn�t know. All she knew was that she was kissing Aden, her best friend ever since she can remember�and it felt good. She�d only ever been kissed once before and it was a stupid dare at a party. She hadn�t even known the guy�s name. That kiss, Bailey had thought, was gross. It was sloppy and disgusting, but kissing Aden was different. It felt natural and sweet, like he was the one she was meant to be kissing. Suddenly, there was a big bang as the front door swung open, immediately followed by Regina�s hoarse voice,� I�m really sorry I flipped out on you but�� and then she looked up. Her expression changed from guilty and apologetic to angry and stubborn.
        �Well I was coming over here to apologize, but apparently I�ve interrupted your make out session so I suppose I�ll just leave,� she said harshly as she headed towards the door.
        �No! C�mon Reggie let�s just all sit down and talk about this!� Aden spoke angrily, �You�re being overdramatic!�
        �Ok, let�s talk. You guys are an item now, and what am I? Road kill? You�re never going to have time to hang out with me because you�ll always be having lovey-dovey couple time and I�ll be home all by myself reading romance novels wishing I had a boyfriend to have lovey-dovey couple time with!� screamed Regina at the top of her lungs.
        �Reggie! You know it won�t be like that!� plead Bailey.
        �That�s what you say now, but what about in twenty years? Huh? When you guys are married and I�m stuck all alone with my thirty six cats!�
        Aden looked bewildered, �Okay, I was clearly mistaken when I said you were being overdramatic before, NOW you�re being overdramatic!�
        �I am not! Bailey is my best friend too! You can�t just steal her!�
        �I�m not stealing anything!� he said back angrily.
        �Whoa! Guys, I am not something to be stolen and I�m not property. Regina, I can be your best friend and Aden�s girlfriend at the same time. Believe it or not, I can handle it,� Bailey near screamed.
        �But-�Regina began.
        �No! Let me talk!� Bailey cut her off, �Reggie, it�s not your choice if I date Aden or not. I�m going to do it whether you approve you don�t so you better just get used to it! You�re not going to be left out, and if you are, just tell us. I�m not going to let this ruin our friendship, but you can�t let that happen either!�
        Regina was speechless. She looked from Bailey, to Aden, then back to Bailey.
        �Fine!� she called out with a smile, �but only because you guys are a cute couple!�
        They all burst out laughing and spent the rest of the evening watching old movies and stuffing themselves with popcorn.

        Aden sat on his bed that night, pondering everything that had happened between him and Bailey. It was incredible for him to think that just a day ago, they were only friends. Why had it taken him so long to tell her how he really felt? He had felt like a complete idiot telling her, but he was glad he did because if he didn�t he wouldn�t have the girl of his dreams as his girlfriend that moment. The phone rang, startled, Aden grabbed and picked up,� hello?� It was his friend Lance. He�d known Lance since first grade, not as long as Bailey, but still a long time. Lance was his best friend, well best friend that�s a guy of course.
        Lances voice came over the line in a taunting way, �so what was up with you and bailey today?�
        �Why do you ask?�
        �I was just wondering,� Aden could tell he was smiling as he said that.
        �We�re kind of together now, dude.�
        �Really? Way to go Aden, finally after all that time-�
        �Shut up! You know it was hard for me to tell her.� Aden burst.
        Lance had been the only person that knew about Aden�s feelings for Bailey. Lance had just moved to Bailey, Aden, and Regina�s school this year. Up until the year before, he had always gone to some prep academy across town. Aden had been so stoked to finally be able to have a guy friend that actually went to their school because people had begun to start rumors about him being gay, since he only had two girls as best friends.
        He supposed that this rumor had been derailed since the whole school now knew about him and Bailey.
        �Hey, dude, I have something to tell you� It�s important,� said Lance slowly.
        �Well spit it out then, you loser,� joked Aden unaware that Lance was really serious.
        There was a silence.
        Lance sighed and then blurted hurriedly,� I kissed Bailey.�
        Aden was speechless, but finally stuttered out,� w-w-when?�
        �It was last year, at a party. It was a stupid dare. I didn�t even realize it was her until I met her this year. I�m really sorry I didn�t tell you. I didn�t know it mattered before.�
        �Oh, okay, Well I�ll talk to you later dude, my mom�s calling me to do the stupid dishes,� he lied. Aden could not believe neither Bailey nor Lance had thought it important to tell him that they had kissed, even if it was a dare. He thought Bailey would have told him that when it happened, even if she didn�t know it was Lance. Bailey told him everything � or so he thought. This really complicated things.
        The next day in study hall, Aden decided to confront Bailey about it.
        �Bailey� Can I ask you something?�
        �Sure�� she said looking concerned,� Is something wrong�
        �Kind of. Why didn�t you tell me you kissed Lance?�
        Bailey looked shocked,� I did what?�
        �You kissed Lance,� he told her,� last year at some party.�
        Realization spread over her face, �That was Lance?!�
        �Yeah, it was. � Aden replied, sounding completely depressed.
        �Aden, I�m so sorry. I didn�t know it was him! It was just some dumb dare. If I would have known that he was who he was, I would have told you! I Promise.� Bailey really did sound sorry, but Aden was still really confused about all of this.
        Study hall ended and Bailey was left feeling horrible. She hadn�t known that it was Lance she had kissed. She wished that stupid dare had never happened. Why did Aden care so much anyway? It was last year, and it�s not like it really meant anything. Right?
        The next class Bailey and Aden had together wasn�t until ninth period and when Bailey sank down into the desk next to him, Aden didn�t even look up.
        �Aden, are you mad at me or something?� Bailey whispered.
        Class was starting and this teacher was super strict so Bailey had to be super quiet.
        Aden looked over at her trying to look uninterested,� It�s nothing really. I mean, you just KISSED my best friend and didn�t even bother telling me.�
        �I DIDN�T KNOW HE WAS YOUR BEST FRIEND WHEN I KISSED HIM!� Bailey said much too loudly. The whole class looked at her with disgust and the popular gossip girl sitting behind her apparently happy about the �fight� between the two got our her cell phone and immediately started texting the news that �Aden the hottie� might be back on the market soon. Bailey slouched down into her seat, thinking that maybe no one would notice anything. She was of course, completely mistaken because she and Aden both received detention for �disruption of the educational process�. Aden was even angrier at her now. They were not allowed to talk in detention, but Aden ignored her still as they were leaving. When Bailey got home she was mad too. Why didn�t he understand? It�s not like she knew that Lance was Aden�s best friend when she had kissed him. She hadn�t even known his name! Aden was being totally and completely unfair. None of this was her fault, but she really needed to get Aden to realize that. She got ready and walked over to his house.

        Aden got home from detention and threw down his stuff furiously. He could not believe that this was happening. They had only been together for two days and Bailey was already cheating on him! Sure, It was a year ago, but still. She had never told him, which was the part that hurt the most. He went upstairs and sat on his bed, seething. Ten minutes later, he heard the door bell. He ran down the stairs. He knew it would be Bailey. He opened the door and glared at her, �What do you want?�
        �C�mon Aden, can�t we just talk about this?�
        �Whatever, come in.� he acquiesced.
        He walked into his living room and sat nonchalantly on the couch, looking at Bailey, waiting for her to say something. She sat down nervously.
        �Look Aden, I�m sorry about everything. I really am. I really like you, and if I would have known it was Lance, I would have told you. I just want you to know that I don�t want this to ruin us because it didn�t mean anything. If it helps�I didn�t even like it.�
        Aden could not stay mad at Bailey, �It helps a little,� he smiled, � I just wish I would have known sooner. It really hurt... thinking about you kissing another guy, especially lance.�
        �Yeah, I get that. I hate you being upset with me Aden. I really do. I can�t stand it,� Bailey admitted.

© 2008 -!katie!-


Author's Note

-!katie!-
it's not done yet! suggestions? please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on March 17, 2008

Author

-!katie!-
-!katie!-

pa



About
I'm katie, and that's basically all I am and will be. I am completely myself. I'm opinionated and different and I won't change that for anybody. My past isn't amazing, but hey, everybody has it better.. more..

Writing
We're Over We're Over

A Poem by -!katie!-