New York City

New York City

A Story by -!katie!-
"

I did this in an imersion journalism workshop. We were supposed to describe our favorite place. Mine just happens to be the big apple.. enjoy!

"

The bright lights hurt my eyes, and the expensive advertisements intrude on my thoughts. Information is everywhere, sorrounding me from all sides. Business men and women hurriedly rush around me on the dirty sidewalk on their way home from bustling wall street. They have no time or desire to admire the beauty of their own city. I feel the ground violently quake below me as the subway passes down under. "S**t," I hear one man in a pricey suit mutter, as if he knows that it's his train approaching the subway station, and he dashes down the steps in an attempt to catch it. The smell of roasting peanuts fills my nostrils only partially covering the damp scent that is the mixture of smog and wet cement. I shutter as I watch a taxi driver narrowly miss a collision with a swift bicyclist who then speeds off, escaping. A woman in a leotard slowly limps past me after a long day of rehearsal. I wonder which is worse, the pain of her overworked ballet feet, or the agony of a broken dream.

© 2009 -!katie!-


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on August 13, 2009

Author

-!katie!-
-!katie!-

pa



About
I'm katie, and that's basically all I am and will be. I am completely myself. I'm opinionated and different and I won't change that for anybody. My past isn't amazing, but hey, everybody has it better.. more..

Writing
We're Over We're Over

A Poem by -!katie!-





Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5