Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Naomi

When I first sat down in the circle it was awkward, but people were friendly and nice. They didn’t block me out or ignore the new girl. Just about all of them were nice, but there was this one particular guy, he wasn’t rude or mean he didn’t ignore me either… but he just sit with me right.

He had really pretty green eyes, with some specks of grey and silver here and there, his hair was a soft crème color with maple highlights. It was kind of messy, but in the kind of way where it could actually be a hair style, not a bed head kind of thing.

His face a sprinkled lightly with freckles, but his pale skin mostly covered it up, he didn’t smile, but he was intriguing all the same.

“Katrina, you’ll be paired up with Holly for the day” George said waking me out of the trance of the boy.  

“Hey, so for right now we need to find something for you to do right?” The girl I assumed was Holly talked to me. She chocolate brown eyes and light brown hair. It was in a high ponytail almost on top of her head, with a bright blue elastic to hold it up. Her features were soft and kind, with thin eyebrows and slightly squinted eyes.

She smiled at me and started walking, I followed unsure of what to do. I was nervous and I could feel it. My eyes were scanning everything for every detail, something that I often did when I was nervous or trying to draw. To the right of the white board there was a small chip in the wall.  One of the lights seemed to be going out. The cord for the blinds on the window was frayed.

“Wait here for a second okay?” Holly told me. I nodded, not really paying attention. Calm down Kat, you’re over analyzing things, just like what mom used to say. “You’re always looking to closely and reading into things to much. Just take a break and look at the beauty of it before you analyze it. It’s more beautiful when you look at something raw and fresh in your mind.  

I made a conscience effort to slow my breathing and just look around the room to take in the newness of my environment, learn where things are and how it works. Not where the impurities are.

“So Katrina, seeing that it’s your first day here and that everyone needs a break from some work, I think we’re gunna’ just hang out so that everyone can get to know each other better okay?” I turned to see George waiting for my answer.

I already felt my pulse start to rise again, I hate being put on the spot, and I could already feel everyone’s eyes on me. I started noticing someone’s foot tapping and the annoying sound of the fish tank in the corner.

“Uh… I mean… um… sure I guess.” I managed to sputter out, I blushed, hoping that I didn’t sound like a complete idiot. I looked around some more. The boy who’s name I couldn’t remember with the green eyes was staring at me, with just about no emotion in his eyes, he was just staring. I felt my face heat up even more and the ticking of the clock over the white board get suddenly louder.

“Great, everyone put your stuff away and meet in the circle again in five minutes.!” George called out. Then he took Holly to the side and told her something the sounded like “Why don’t you take Katrina to the ladies room, she looks a little flushed.” Holly nodded and pulled me out the door.



© 2010 Naomi


Author's Note

Naomi
Sorry about sudden and random changes of font. It's all one person perspective, but for some reason it doesn't seem to enjoy cooperating with my computer!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this continuations, and man, these people are starting to freak me out... I feel like it's that alien weird school >_> Enough rambling, good description, like really, I love the descriptions, I could imagine everyone. Great job :]

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
1 Review
Added on April 24, 2010
Last Updated on April 24, 2010


Author

Naomi
Naomi

About
I love to read, write and play soccer. My two dogs are my running partners and my iPod is my reading buddy :) Surfing is awesome, and so is talking. There's no such thing as too much music or to littl.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Naomi