A Lifetime to Share

A Lifetime to Share

A Poem by Phil Sanders
"

A love song for the future...

"

My heart is aching .. with such a deep desire...

My eyes are misty as I think of you and your loveliness..

Never before has my mind been so full of one person ....

You are the one that makes me whole and helps me see forever..

The shining light of togetherness is burning brigtly ..

And I am coming out of the darkness into your love..

A need is crying out inside me ... a desire for you ..

You are my sunlight and my future ... a sea of opportunity spreads before us

Let us sail together into those memories that we will create..

With a love that will sweep aside any problems .. to fulfilment..

The road to nowhere is past .. we are now on the highway of opportunity..

A lifetime spreads before us .. to enjoy .. to relax .. to be content..

With you I can climb mountains.. soar on thermals ...swim the deepest oceans ..

For you are my life ... my soulmate .. and the epitome of beauty ....

Share your beautiful mind with me .. and I will worship each day that we share...

A river of contentment that will flow in our hearts forever.....

Be my guide through this love we share ... and enjoy the happiness of being as one in peace...

Feel the softness of my lips on yours .. as we seal our future ....

 

Phil Sanders

22/4/08

© 2008 Phil Sanders


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

phil, this is completely enrapturing my friend, the spellbound vision is enlightening glimpse into the
heart of love and romance, the transporting imagery is metaphorically graceful, and sends the readers
thoughts soaring to the heights of treasured expression, , peaceful, sentimental, touching, the heart
can feel every well placed word, truly capturing what it means to define the title, "A Lifetime to Share".

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Loved this line: "Never before has my mind been so full of one person."

I have felt that countless times about my significant other but have been powerless to express it in words.

You did a splendid job.



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful, Amazing, and in the the term of awesome

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lovely, just lovely. I love the last line the most, "Feel the softness of my lips on yours .. as we seal our future ...." Beautifully penned and wonderfully written of a love that has no boundaries.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really enjoyed the way that you played with true beauty here and never falter from the start to finish. One good way to find out how concise your writing is when you have finished something is to read the first and last line. These will give you a good indication of what you have written. From this, your work is really impressive.

Interestingly you call this a ' love song for the future' when to me this is a neat breakdown of your thoughts at the time rather than for the future. However when you are both sailing away, the last thing on your mind will be my reflections on your poem!!! Hope this all really happens.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I was going to pick out a favourite line, but found I couldn't, they were ALL simply divine and I would have had to quote the whole poem again! Well ,I won't dod that Phil lol.....but seriously, this was one awesome poem. I could not fault it! Keep up the good work. I am enjoying each and everyone of your poems. You have such talent my friend!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

simply lovely, very well done! The contentment that love can bring is truly sublime, and your poem speaks of that. And yet another great write about a great love...good for you!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Love is a grand thing, isn't it?!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Phil, having her back from Australia must be making you a bit whimsical..Love and loyalty walk hand in hand, remember that my friend,,God bless..Valentine

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

beautifully penned, phil.


Great Write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I can't fault the content in any way at all, but this one is not as tightly executed as most of the others of yours that I have read.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

293 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 22, 2008

Author

Phil Sanders
Phil Sanders

Rochester, Kent, United Kingdom



About
I am a part time photographer and poet when I am not earning my normal crust. I live in Kent in the UK in a little village called Upnor which is right on the River Medway. I love photographing sunris.. more..

Writing
Passion Passion

A Poem by Phil Sanders



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..