An open letter to the angel whose wings grew too fast

An open letter to the angel whose wings grew too fast

A Story by Bryanna

An open letter to the angel whose wings grew too fast.
I wish i knew what to say.
It's been almost a year and we still don't speak of the night terrors that followed your burnt out light. We don't speak of the terrors your father went through, or the silence that filled even the loudest of voices. Not one person dares to speak of the way the entirety of your loved ones remained so strong, while being so broken. We don't speak, because not one of us understands, nor will we ever. How unfair it is to have you prevail through such hardships, only to have to fall silent and still.
We do not understand how one little boy, not yet old enough for exams, taught so many people so many lessons, without saying a single word. You taught us to live a little free-er, love a little more open, laugh a little louder, and listen a little longer.You made every one of us understand what it is like to suffer a true, and long moment of breathlessness. But most importantly you brought each of us more than a little closer. You turned your home into a place of family and friends, bonfires and breakfasts. You tied us each a little closer as we all began to fall apart. You gave us the wonderful gift of friendship, laughter, memories, and fun, but you also gave us the greatest gift of all. You gave us back each other. 
I only wish you could have done it without the tragedy brought with it. 
I only wish you could see us now.
Thank you; for giving us all back our support, our daughters, friends, neighbours, cousins, and taking away our blind dismissal. 
Thank you, for being you. We will meet again, maybe not in this life or the next, but in the soundest of sleeps, and the most peaceful moments, I'll hear you, just as i did that day.  

© 2017 Bryanna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Hi
This is good as far as writing. It keeps the structure of a written piece, but reads as a speech from the heart. Well done. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I felt like crying reading this........
Ive lost a lot of ppl close to me....
Either dead or not my friend anymore
Its very sad.....the emotions portrayed here are just amazing and too much to handle. I love it

Posted 6 Years Ago


This is amazing work!
I loved the lines with the words you have added in their piece.

One of my favorite lines:
Thank you, for being you. We will meet again, maybe not in this life or the next, but in the soundest of sleeps, and the most peaceful moments, I'll hear you, just as i did that day.

Thank you for writing this :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Bryanna

6 Years Ago

thank you, that truly means a lot!
Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Your welcome :)
Wow, this is so powerful. And it truly shows how even the worst tragedies can have some positive outcome but still the wish that it didn't have to be like this prevails. I love your word choice and the feelings that your words convey are absolutely breathtaking. This was an amazing read, job well done.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Bryanna

6 Years Ago

you're too kind, thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

327 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 25, 2017
Last Updated on May 25, 2017
Tags: #angel, #family, #loss, #love, #tragedy, #lessons, #life, #death

Author

Bryanna
Bryanna

B.C., Canada



About
looking for an outlet for all the thoughts pilling up in my head. more..

Writing
B. B.

A Poem by Bryanna


Crystal Eyes Crystal Eyes

A Story by Bryanna