B.

B.

A Poem by Bryanna

You don't scare me.
You don't scare me and that alone is terrifying.
You don't overwhelm me.
You don't drown me in waves of sadness, or exhaustion.
You don't smother me in stretches of happiness - the kind where you can't contain the giggles, and your heart feels like an overfilled balloon, ready to pop at any moment.
I've never been so calm and collected. I don't feel rushed, I don't twist my tongue and I don't feel the need to hide.
Because we found each other at the worst of times. Booze blitz and searching for nothing and everything all at once, some hidden part of me knew you were what I needed, and it forced me to crave you.
And now I see our future unfolding, step by step by step, while I myself am still just barely learning to walk.
I can see the start, the end and every last breath in between. You're it, the thing I tried to carve out of every last attempt.
Instead of taming me, you help me stay wild by keeping my pace in yours.
Despite all of this, I still worry.
What if I'm too far gone? 
What if I don't deserve this kind of man?
That night you spoke of sparks and how there can be no fire if you never see one, and that without a matchbox you're simply wasting your time.
Am I your spark? 
Or should I set your flame free?

© 2019 Bryanna


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"you dont scare me, and that alone is terrifying"....

much to ponder there, much ind33d

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
1 Review
Added on February 6, 2019
Last Updated on February 6, 2019

Author

Bryanna
Bryanna

B.C., Canada



About
looking for an outlet for all the thoughts pilling up in my head. more..

Writing
Crystal Eyes Crystal Eyes

A Story by Bryanna


Voicemail Voicemail

A Poem by Bryanna