Conflict

Conflict

A Poem by A.Lee

She reached out to him in tears

Night by night cried on his shoulder

As she revealed to him her fears

He said he’d always be there to hold her

 

He held her hand through the darkest night

As he gently pulled her through

He carried her into the light

And then the space between them grew

 

As she grew brighter every day

He just slowly pulled away

Unloving word tossed each direction

And neither one would take correction

 

She didn’t like the things he said

The voice that gave her life was dead

He didn’t like how she stayed away

As their bond began to fray

 

Although they want their wounds to heal

Neither understands the other

And as their love becomes less real

The flame they had begins to smother

 

He says she’s just not good enough

He thought she said she’d never change

She didn’t think it’d be this rough

That an easy life could be arranged

 

So they sit there back to back

As the distance between them grows

Their love slowly falls down the cracks

As they wallow in their woes

© 2010 A.Lee


Author's Note

A.Lee
Not my best. No where near it. Just thoughts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great poem.

Posted 14 Years Ago


i want so much to say what i feel -- but i will hold to my own and just say that i have the answer in words my poet

Posted 14 Years Ago


So often this is the sad truth. Once the struggling is over the relationship falls apart.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Another really well-written poem that drives right into the abyss of complicated and intangible inter-emotional problems within a relationship. This particular aspect of such a relationship is tragically common; the changes that occur, ironically instigated with the help of eachother; wanting to help change the one you love in order to make them better; sympathy acting as love. Then, when the issue is resolved, you're suddenly looking into the eyes of someone you no longer recognise; the sad little innocent creature you loved so much has transformed into something you cannot admire. I've been in this situation, I'm sorry to say. I've seen those eyes change.
A soul-searching, revealing piece of work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


i don't agree with you. this is really good. i can see how a person and be attracted to what some may call a fixer-upper but once you help fix them they aren't what you were attracted to anymore.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Sometime we must allow thing to fall away from us. We say things we should not say. With my old age I try to say nothing negative. Always seem to bite you in the butt later. Poem is powerful. I believe we need to think what will we be without the other person in our life. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


This situation is an enigma of life. It's amazing how two souls can come together, join and then fall apart. The change always seems to take us by surprise. This poem moves pretty straight forward. Usually your imagery tends to slightly overpower your words, but in this poem your words were enough to get the job done without using the imagination at all. In that regard, the balance of what you regard as your "best" work is not present. You seem to have stepped out of your comfort zone on this piece and the end result was a piece of art. In time I'm sure you will grow to appreciate it. I enjoyed this piece a lot. Reality and creativity all came together. I found this poem to be..in a way..a warning for us all to evaluate our relationships to keep them healthy, but the wisdom is cleverly hidden between the lines. You have a strength of creating an atmosphere that makes the reader trust you...and the lesson is sneakily inserted into the open mind. Bravo!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I really like this, actually. You say it's nowhere near your best...and that may be true, considering what a fantastic poet your are. But, I think everyone can identify with this. It is such a common occurence in relationships, and can be so painful. I think that, many times, we try to ignore the truth when we've drifted away from our lover.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Personally, I really liked it. The situation was depicted wonderfully, with great emotion and descriptions. I think that while the change may have been quite sudden, it was a great piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

359 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 14, 2010
Last Updated on May 14, 2010

Author

A.Lee
A.Lee

Monroe, GA



About
I am lots of things, but here you'd identify most with the writer and avid reader. I have three beautiful children. The oldest boy, Seth, passed last year after fighting a long battle with cancer. .. more..

Writing
One Thousand One Thousand

A Poem by A.Lee


Whisper Whisper

A Poem by A.Lee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Can You See? Can You See?

A Poem by A.Lee


Sweet Allure Sweet Allure

A Poem by A.Lee