Behind The Hidden Pane Of Glass

Behind The Hidden Pane Of Glass

A Poem by A.Lee

They’ll never know how much it hurts

To hear you cry, to see your pain

When I’m not there to hold your hand

To say it’ll be okay again

 

I guess they just can’t understand

How much it kills me deep inside

To be excluded from the rest

While your world’s fading fast through time

 

You’ve been connected to my heart

There is no “taking a step back”

There is no lying to oneself

I do exist; don’t tell me that

 

They’ll never know how much it hurts

To never hear you speak my name

With everything that we’ve been through

And can’t get close to you again

 

I have to fight the whole damn world

Just to get them all to see

My love is more than good enough

And just the same, that you need me

 

But no one trusts the unexplained

The feelings they don’t think exist

There’s no way I know you better

And they refuse to take the risk

 

Tears expended on bended knee

Go unnoticed by all but me

I’m fighting through the hellish rain

So I’ll be there to soothe your pain

 

I got to hear you speak today

Behind the hidden pane of glass…

© 2010 A.Lee


Author's Note

A.Lee
Not changing a thing. This came from the absolute bottom of my soul and it hurt like hell to pull it out. If you don't have anything nice or constructive to say, don't comment.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You greatly exhibited the feeling of stuggle, darkness, and pain with this piece. I love the two closing lines because they revealed the vision to me thus adding more effect to the message and circumstances that are being exhibited here.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A lot of emotion, as always and it flowed so well. I can tell it hurt you to pen this piece, but better out than in. Nice work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is heartbreaking. Thank you for sharing this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Powerful write. Full of emotion and driving through the pain. great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This poem creates an image of the speaker in a detached world where true connection of feeling and communication is resisted by an invisible barrier. It makes me think of a ghost who is condemned to love and observe and hear those that they love from a distance, unable to be heard or seen.
"The Hidden Pane Of Glass" represents this barrier, of course; like a prisoner trapped behind a reinforced and sound-proof window, banging on the pane, trying desperately to get the attention they need and perhaps deserve, but cannot achieve due to an injustice of life.
A strongly-conveyed metaphorical image, emotive and pacey.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was a powerful piece-- I could see the emotion behind it before I read the note. I think it was excellent, though I must say, the rhyming scheme was a bit off for me with the inconsistencies. Overall though, wonderful job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


***************************************** Trials of Grace ****************************************

I only guess at the behind the scene, the most personal reflections through that glass. Though I think I know and read between the lines to read the story there. The struggles that are present are heavy and hard on the heart Cattie. To write them out from the depths of soul and pain is an exercise in the releasing of them.

To maintain the strength of you, the character in the drama of the life that currently surround you. This what I got from your poem here, the fighting back, To not accept that which takes away from the dignity that is you and known of by you, telling us that. We are listening to you, tell them that.

[ I’m fighting through the hellish rain ] this you know and understand, it pours over you and soaks you to the bone. The shivers of the cold shoulder, that sickness of the feel of sent anger and anguish, those things said to you and of you out of anger and meant to strike you to the bone. It is right and true to let that roll off you back, not allow it to bend you down and break you. Cattie is for all you have lived through a wonderful and caring person.

The storm will pass and the cold rain will stop and in time the sun always shines. You will be strong and move with it like the ocean. Separate and whole, As you let it go... the details all worked out and another avenue of your life open. This what I pray for you. Yes most of this is family I think. These that can damage and hurt us the worst. Yet, now Cattie has
a family, a family that is yours to work through life growing. They need you whole, happy and a balanced soul. To in truth show them.

Cattie, show them the love you own, the dignity you posses, don't allow this time of trial bitter and poison you. Fight with justice and what you understand is right with in yourself. Pour it out, write as many of these soul expression you need to... to purge and transform like the butterfly. Be beautiful, Heart & Soul.

As you really Are.
************************************************************** Peace & Love *********************
Romon in Review, 19/06/10, 7:36am Quesnel BC Canada. Write On / Right On! Ro...

Posted 13 Years Ago


I felt the weight of the world coming down on me as I read. I understood how it feels to be cornered. I felt torn as the different emotions hit me. I see a strong person who is expected to cave in. There is an undying strength throughout.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is beyond emotion. Wow I'm speechless. Beautiful.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a very strong and emotional piece. You conveyed your feelings well and quite eloquetly. I don't think you need to change a thing with this. It's exactly what you felt and what you meant. That's part of its draw. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 18, 2010
Last Updated on June 18, 2010

Author

A.Lee
A.Lee

Monroe, GA



About
I am lots of things, but here you'd identify most with the writer and avid reader. I have three beautiful children. The oldest boy, Seth, passed last year after fighting a long battle with cancer. .. more..

Writing
One Thousand One Thousand

A Poem by A.Lee


Whisper Whisper

A Poem by A.Lee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..