One in a million

One in a million

A Story by caleb
"

come up with an idea for a photo that I would love to share with my fan base. want to make sure it is descriptive and intriguing. feedback on how interesting, how captivating, and sentence structure

"

One out of a million

 

I don't know where inspiration comes from; I'm constantly thinking about life and what that means to us as human being. These questions are always at the forefront of my mind and often I have a hard time putting my thoughts into words. Wouldn't that be a curse; to have the answers but be unable to communicate them? But I find that often the things I can't say in words come to me in images; I guess art is just another form of communication anyway. Because I'm always pondering the "big questions" I don't really spend my time focusing on obtaining inspiration for my photos but all the same inspiration comes, like my subconscious is putting the parts of an images together in an attempt to communicate what I can't say. And that is what happened just a second ago.

I have a lot of photos swimming around in my head but unfortunately I do not have all the resources for the elaborate props I would need. Oh, but this photo sits perfectly within the realm of doable and I intent to do it!

After I receive inspiration for a photo the immediate thing that I try to do is to figure why is it that my mind has come with the specific arrangement of abject that encompasses the photo and that brings me to present time, sitting outside within inches of the falling rain, smoking my pipe, feeling like a modern day Gandalf, and trying to find out why. What is it about this photo that pulls the strings of my soul.

 

Fire is a funny thing. I had a conversation with someone about how strange fire is. It's not a solid, it's not liquid, and it might be a gas. It is not self sustaining but lots of times its all consuming. We describe the most horrific thing with fire, like a terrible burning sensation, we describe the most wonderful things with it, like a burning love for someone. It is many things to many people but the thing it describes the best to me is life; or more specifically, the will of life, the desire to live, like flame it burns and thrives within us.

 

But a caged flame will soon burn out. I wonder if we would be conscious if it wasn't for the trails that we face. Would we have any need for it if there was nothing to struggle against, nothing wrong to consciously fix; would we always sleep if there was no need to be awake.

 I don't know but I do know that I feel the most alive when I'm faced trails, when there is something to fight for; a fire that burns off of the threat of being extinguished. Isn't that a paradox; the cage is the thing that allows me to know freedom.

It is a dark truth that is so plainly seen. Have you ever seen a light engulf something completely, it moves like shadow and covers it with a full bearing embrace, exactly like darkness but it's the opposite of darkness. Nothing is more close to being identical then its perfect opposite.

 

I would want my photo to encompass all these traits. I want to set my cage on fire. ...more specifically, I want to light barbwire on fire. I would like a row of barbwires criss crossed and coming from different angles of the frame and quite a few wires doing this; maybe ten or so. That would be my cage. I would want a white background. I imagine a vibrant flame burning and engulfing the barbwire that traps it behind the the frame and the white background to isolating my subject.  The back ground will give it a pureness in instead of a black back ground showing concealment.

 

These are my initial thoughts. I'm going to be thinking this over for a bit.

 

But what do think of this? And be honest. Black VS. white background?  And whatever else you can think of.

© 2012 caleb


Author's Note

caleb
I'm a fine art photographer and trying to create a fan base. And as such I'm writing a lot of my thoughts in my fb group and so on. I have come up with an idea for a photo that I would love to share with people but I want to make sure it is as descriptive and intriguing as my art is to me. i would love feedback on how interesting it is to read, how captivating it is, and sentence structure.

come check me out at www.blakesherman.ca or at www.facebook.com/theBSphotographer

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
Added on June 14, 2012
Last Updated on June 14, 2012
Tags: art, photo, structure

Author

caleb
caleb

Canada



Writing
Let the story begin Let the story begin

A Chapter by caleb


rebounding grace rebounding grace

A Chapter by caleb